Save the Children
www.savethechildren.org Westport, CT 1000 to 5000 Employees

Positive experience with dedicated people

Associate Director (Former Employee)
Washington, DC

I worked at Save the Children full-time for more than 5 years

ProsVery mission and goal oriented. Employees are dedicated to doing the right thing for children. Work / life balance is improving with the arrival of new CEO.

ConsDecision process for management seems a little ad hoc sometimes. The organization needs a reliable stream of undesignated funds for its programs. Year to year funding is to volatile.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed a clear mission for US programs. The department seems adrift.

A place I felt proud to work, but needs staff restructuring.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Westport, CT

I worked at Save the Children as a contractor for less than a year

Pros: Amazing causes that got you inspired to work everyday. Casual environment where everyone… Cons: I felt some departments needed restructuring, due to inefficient job allocation. (Few people's job titles matched their duties.)… Advice to Senior Management: Hire a consultant to see if company resources are being… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Mismanagement is endemic, employee development is not a priority, and creative, hardworking individuals are not valued.

Washington, DC

I have been working at Save the Children full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Pay is good for a nonprofit, the reputation (deserved or not) looks good on your resume, and… Cons: Leadership is completely lacking, and individuals at a Director or VP level shun decision making. This would be ok if the rest of the… Advice to Senior Management: Not all managers should be managers. Folks who have risen in the ranks, mainly because of years with Save the Children, shouldn't necessarily be… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Save the Children.

Worked for Save the Children? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Save the Children reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Save the Children CEO Carolyn S. Miles. All reviews posted anonymously by Save the Children employees.