There are newer employer reviews for Savers

Current Store Manager

Current Employee - Store Manager
Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at Savers full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great benefits, rewarding pay (bonuses for getting results), feeling like you are genuinely appreciated for the work you do, development opportunities, work-life balance, constant learning and challenging situations. Opportunity for advancement if you want it, and work for it. Helping local non-profits, and recycling to keep items out of the landfills.

Cons

Stigma of thrift experience hurts potential job growth and movement into traditional retail (if that's what you want). Sometimes HR and the district/regional team do not communicate. Out-dated POS system.

reviews filtered by

Production

Former Employee - Production in Hanover, MA
    Former Employee - Production in Hanover, MA

I worked at Savers full-time (less than a year)

Pros

50% discount, not much else

Cons

job is really tough on your back, most other employees are rude, as well as management, very low wages, and dirty, dusty work environment, quite frankly, like a sweat shop.

Advice to Management

try listening to your workers, and actually train us, not just throw us into job with another employee, who is also being paid low wages, be responsible for training new employees

Horrible Place To Work

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Savers full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Casual work attire. It's a paycheck. Barely. Everything else sucked. The pay, the hours, everything about the place seemed DESIGNED to make it a terrible place to work.

Cons

Almost no training, extremely rude and abusive managers, disgusting, filthy working environment, an unspoken expectation that if you are on salary you should arrive early and stay late. I actually got verbally reprimanded for going home at my scheduled time. PHENOMENALLY dangerous working conditions. In my time there I witnessed hospital worthy injuries on a DAILY basis and when I fell and injured my back management tried to bully me into not seeking medical attention. Do not, under any circumstances work for these people . Go scrapping or stand on an on-ramp with a cardboard sign instead. It's less dangerous and you'll have more of your dignity intact at the end of each day.

Advice to Management

Pay your staff a decent wage, teach your managers how to behave like something other than Dobermans on meth and improve the safety conditions for your employees. Blood and broken bones should NOT be a common occurence in a retail setting

There are newer employer reviews for Savers