Savers

www.savers.com
There are newer employer reviews for Savers

Fast paced, lots of growth

Former Employee - Assistant Operations Manager in Seattle, WA
Former Employee - Assistant Operations Manager in Seattle, WA

I worked at Savers full-time (more than an year)

Pros

It's easy to go from a retail associate to assistant manager if you work hard and show good customer service.

Cons

Savers workplaces are often dirty. At the branch I worked at there was high turnover. The pay is not great.

Part of the reason there is high turnover is people don't realize they can have success working at Savers. Give a little more guidance to the lower ranks.

163 Other Employee Reviews for Savers (View Most Recent)

too much stress for too little pay

I worked at Savers full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I liked most of the people I worked with.

Cons

I was partnered with a "gentleman" who treated me like a third rate citizen. I mentioned it several times to management who just replied "That's just the way he is." Plus I had a production manager that constantly lied about how much we had to do, what other stores did, etc. he never thought to ask if I knew people at that store that I could check his info out with, I guess when as assistant manager slouches in a job interview that should be an indication of how professional they are. District manager came and never once talked to employees, introduced herself, nothing.

Sales is not always about numbers. It is about having your store well merchandised, employees trained on how to actually stock shelves and not just put stuff out, how to provided customer service. I cannot tell you how many times I watched employees and managers walk by customers and not even acknowledge them, offer a cart or even just say hi. It's sad because I loved what I did but could not put up with the crap any longer.

Great summer job

I worked at Savers part-time (more than an year)

Pros

You work with a great team, and coming into a team that all began together (we started before the store opened in our area) it really builds teamwork. Savers is great just because they work with many charities and foundations.

Cons

Some of the new supervisors were a bit difficult to work with.

There are newer employer reviews for Savers