There are newer employer reviews for Savvis

Great place to work for ONLY IF you land a good job

I have been working at Savvis full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Room for growth, great pay (IF you land a good job), great company culture, flexible.

Cons

Hiring managers "pick" who they want "personally" instead of professionally...(i.e. a person with no degree or previously worked as a waitress can get a job over a person with a college degree and years of corporate experience. College degrees are not really a factor when choosing a candidate and pay does not depend on college degrees....if the the manager "personally" like you; then you will be compensated.

138 Other Employee Reviews for Savvis (View Most Recent)

Increasing level of politics seeping into upper management

I have been working at Savvis

Pros

Good environment for technical staff compared to other businesses in St. Louis. Loyalists are rewarded well. To be in senior management good books, you need to know and treat the assistants of VP's well.

Cons

Work pressure, always do more with less attitude, senior operations management and executives do not understand business since they come from backgrounds outside of operations, Sr. management always find ways to blame others down the chain when things go wrong and spare themselves. Just like most, I am waiting for the end of the year so I can sell my options and run.

Most management at Savvis wants to run after December 2012 once they vest the CTL options and run. CTL should take the long term vision of this company into consideration and review senior management aptitude to deal with resource issues.

Good

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I worked at Savvis

Pros

Global Presence.

Lots of helpful people.

Cons

Long hours.

Too few people