Savvis
www.savvis.com Town & Country, MO 1000 to 5000 Employees

Going through a reorg and management is out to prove themselves worthy of sticking around.

CIO ORG Side (Current Employee)
Saint Louis, MO

ProsThere is room for upward mobility within your career. Plenty of overtime if you are an hourly employee. 1 Savvis is a really nice building to work in.

ConsThe CIO Organization management tries to squeeze every last drop of blood out of the stone as possible. The company has grown by hundreds of employees over the last year and management has gone without adding to the internal infrastructure. There are too many levels of management which impedes on corporate agility and innovation. There is a lot of red tape so it is quite fitting that Savvis has chosen red as their corporate color. Savvis does not choose to employ a service oriented management style where they leave the lower employees to make the day-to-day decisions and try to remove roadblocks to help them be more agile. No. This is the send-the-question-up-the-chain and get approval, which management is too busy to do, style of management. The very rigid top down, cannot-will-not-surrender-control, type management. If you do not like to be micromanaged then this is not the place for you.

Advice to Senior ManagementA job is a business transaction between two parties and both parties must be satisfied, not just Savvis. Eliminate unnecessary layers of management.

It has its ups and its downs

Systems Administrator (Current Employee)
    Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at Savvis full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Freedom on schedule, ability to make decisions, team I work… Cons: Pay is not up to par with other engineers, hours… Advice to Senior Management: The slogan, "Do more with less" is getting old. May… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Good if you don't expect high performance

Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Savvis full-time for more than a year

Pros: Savvis is full of good people that believe in the… Cons: Leadership fails to invest in staffing so delivery teams are incredibly over… Advice to Senior Management: Invest in internal teams to bring in talent. Remove legacy leaders that don't bring value to… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Savvis.

Worked for Savvis? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Savvis reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Savvis CEO Jeff Von Deylen. All reviews posted anonymously by Savvis employees.