Savvis

Right title

Former Employee - Account Executive in Herndon, VA
Former Employee - Account Executive in Herndon, VA

I worked at Savvis

Pros

Big company that had great benefits, and good products

Cons

The management team didn't support their employees well. Change Comp plans without talking to employees and goals were unattainable.

Get feedback of employees

140 Other Employee Reviews for Savvis (View Most Recent)

Good Place To Work

Current Employee - Edge Manager in Town and Country, MO
    Current Employee - Edge Manager in Town and Country, MO

I have been working at Savvis

Pros

The engineers are very eager to share information with one another. I have learned a great deal while working here, and have opportunities to advance as my knowledge increases. Company has good benenfits, and amazing PTO (four weeks vacation as soon as you start).

Cons

Savvis is still fairly young, and is still going through a few growing pains. There are communication breakdowns, as with any company. Executives tend to get regular bonuses, although "regular folks" won't even get raises this year.

If the organization isn't doing well enough for employees to get raises, I don't think that the CEO and other execs should get the massive bonuses they receive either.

More people to do the work, less managers

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Savvis

Pros

The actual employees that do the "real" work, we would call them worker bees, are very good down to earth people. This creates a strong family environment among the lower level employees. This helps to share knowledge among the other employees.

Cons

The high level VP,DIrector executives are completely out of touch with what is really going on at the low level. Savvis is a top heavy company with a very lean lower level. Executives make changes without any knowledge of what is actualy going on. The executives are too worried about the bottom line and they need to realize that the bottom line is affected by the actual employees that do the work.

Savvis' senior management needs to realize that the company needs more people to do the actual work and less managers. the less people you have to do the work, the less that will get done.

There are newer employer reviews for Savvis