A Great Working Experience

Former Employee - Graphic Designer in Santa Clara, CA
Former Employee - Graphic Designer in Santa Clara, CA

I worked at Sazze full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Sazze offers a huge room for learning and allows you to challenge yourself. Its hard to get bored because you find yourself working on multiple projects which is whats great about start ups. Everyone is young and friendly and gung-ho about what they do! It's refreshing to work with others who are passionate and motivated to reach their greatest potentials. Sazze sets up a family environment, walking together after lunch or setting up company outtings, that is very generous on their part and a great way to keep a smile on everyone's face.

The company has grown so much! Starting when the staff was around 10 people, it is almost emotional to see the amount of progress the company has made. I believe Sazze has great potential to be on top and with the rate that its going, there's no stopping them!

Did I mention there's an unlimited supply of gum and loads on loads of snacks? BBQs, hot dog parties, and insanely high-calorie birthday cakes are a must at at Sazze. So by keeping your mind open and your stomach empty, you will surely have an awesome ride at this company.

Cons

The only thing I would consider con-ing about is waking up at 7:30 am. BUT the fact that you get to leave at 4:30 is no complain at all! You tend to get use to it and I just advise taking advantage of the espresso machine and the boxes of red bull.

reviews filtered by
  1. Good for getting in the industry, but wouldn't suggest working here

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Campbell, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Campbell, CA

I worked at Sazze full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Great co-workers and down-to-earth peers
    - Fully stocked kitchen

Cons

- Bad Management
    - Crazy Hours (7:30am - 6pm or later, and looked down upon for leaving on time and being late in the mornings)
    - Everyone is so busy getting the large amounts of work done, no one has time to teach you anything. Everything is done by yourself flying by the seat of your pants. Do not expect hands-on help.
    - Chaotic structure
    - Such quick changes you are always confused. No concept of planning/forethought
    - Very bad pay
    - Extremely high expectations, lectures about passion and manipulation to make you work longer and harder then you should

Advice to Management

I understand the start-up culture being at a couple start-ups now, and yours is the most unstructured I have experienced. I would suggest some planning and forethought, and having more trust in your employees research and observations.

2. Good perks, low pay

Current Employee - Web Content Manager in Campbell, CA
    Current Employee - Web Content Manager in Campbell, CA

I have been working at Sazze part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Lots of food and most of the employees are friendly.
    Good place to learn lots of different skills for future jobs.
    Friendly working environment.

Cons

Upper management tries to impress you with the fancy office, catered food, and kitchen but they do not compensate enough on the pay. If you do the work you are given and ask for more responsibilities, the supervisors will tell you they will give you more responsibilities but they don't. I was under utilized and payed the price for it because the upper management saw that I wasn't contributing enough and I was let go.

They also favor certain employees over others. A new employee came in with basically no prior experience and got paid higher than I did with more responsibilities. I had over a year of experience in my department and the new employee was a mail carrier in his previous job. Nothing wrong with that, but he did not deserve a higher pay than the people who worked there longer. The new employee eventually started delegating duties to the more experienced team members which was unfair. The upper management like this new employee so they treated him better than the other team members.

Advice to Management

Have transparency with your employees especially if you have to let them go. They didn't have the courage to tell me that I was being let go for the wrong reasons. It was an illegal termination and they asked another employee to tell me I was being let go without any notice beforehand.