Sazze

There are newer employer reviews for Sazze

A Great Working Experience

Former Employee - Graphic Designer in Santa Clara, CA
Former Employee - Graphic Designer in Santa Clara, CA

I worked at Sazze full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Sazze offers a huge room for learning and allows you to challenge yourself. Its hard to get bored because you find yourself working on multiple projects which is whats great about start ups. Everyone is young and friendly and gung-ho about what they do! It's refreshing to work with others who are passionate and motivated to reach their greatest potentials. Sazze sets up a family environment, walking together after lunch or setting up company outtings, that is very generous on their part and a great way to keep a smile on everyone's face.

The company has grown so much! Starting when the staff was around 10 people, it is almost emotional to see the amount of progress the company has made. I believe Sazze has great potential to be on top and with the rate that its going, there's no stopping them!

Did I mention there's an unlimited supply of gum and loads on loads of snacks? BBQs, hot dog parties, and insanely high-calorie birthday cakes are a must at at Sazze. So by keeping your mind open and your stomach empty, you will surely have an awesome ride at this company.

Cons

The only thing I would consider con-ing about is waking up at 7:30 am. BUT the fact that you get to leave at 4:30 is no complain at all! You tend to get use to it and I just advise taking advantage of the espresso machine and the boxes of red bull.

5 Other Employee Reviews for Sazze (View Most Recent)

Good perks, low pay

Current Employee - Web Content Manager in Campbell, CA
    Current Employee - Web Content Manager in Campbell, CA

I have been working at Sazze part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Lots of food and most of the employees are friendly.
    Good place to learn lots of different skills for future jobs.
    Friendly working environment.

Cons

Upper management tries to impress you with the fancy office, catered food, and kitchen but they do not compensate enough on the pay. If you do the work you are given and ask for more responsibilities, the supervisors will tell you they will give you more responsibilities but they don't. I was under utilized and payed the price for it because the upper management saw that I wasn't contributing enough and I was let go.

They also favor certain employees over others. A new employee came in with basically no prior experience and got paid higher than I did with more responsibilities. I had over a year of experience in my department and the new employee was a mail carrier in his previous job. Nothing wrong with that, but he did not deserve a higher pay than the people who worked there longer. The new employee eventually started delegating duties to the more experienced team members which was unfair. The upper management like this new employee so they treated him better than the other team members.

Have transparency with your employees especially if you have to let them go. They didn't have the courage to tell me that I was being let go for the wrong reasons. It was an illegal termination and they asked another employee to tell me I was being let go without any notice beforehand.

Great company! Top culture, fun co-workers and interesting projects.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Sazze full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The Basics:
    The company offers full benefits and free lunch/snacks. If you need to stay late they also order dinner in. On top of these daily perks, the company has regular contests, BBQs and other small perks.

Experience:
    Like most startups, everyone here needs to wear multiple hats but unlike most startups, the company really invests in training people in almost any field in which they want to grow. Want to learn SEO, they send you to SMX, want to become a developer, apprentice with the dev team. I actually saw an employee start with an accounting background and leave as a software developer. I can't think of many better places to launch or build a career.

Culture/Team:
    The team at Sazze is incredibly supportive/fun. We don't have any bad apples and I think everyone works hard to keep it that way. When it comes to culture, Sazze is pretty unique. On the one hand, Sazze has a long standing, stable and profitable business line but on the other hand, Sazze is constantly dreaming up and trying out new ideas. This is a fantastic mix because it means the company has the entrepreneurial spirit and energy of a startup but it doesn't have the same kind of "will the company make payroll this week?" stress.

Cons

There really aren't too many cons. I think the biggest "con" is that people who aren't self driven will find it hard to succeed here because everyone else (including management) has too much to do to make sure that everyone else is getting their work done.

Echoing a prior reviewer, the company is split into a few functional groups but the communication between groups isn't always great. (We're moving to a new open office, which I think might help with this).

There are newer employer reviews for Sazze