There are newer employer reviews for Sbarro

Part time job when I was a kid... Fun to be the pizza boy

Former Employee - Pizza Boy in Lafayette, LA
Former Employee - Pizza Boy in Lafayette, LA

Pros

Hung out at the mall, learned to make real pizza, taught me the value of a dollar.

Cons

It was a fast food job... Don't try to raise a family off of it.

Advice to Management

Hire teens for this work... Teach them work ethic... I am 40 years old now and lessons learned at my shot time as Sabrro stick with me to this very day... Core work ethic lessons.

Other Employee Reviews for Sbarro

Too much drama and no cohesive game plan

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Detroit, MI

Pros

Free food, working at the mall is fun, ability to earn overtime, have a lot of fun with co workers

Cons

Low pay, minimal upward advancement, too many internal slogans instead of actual ways to better the company, benefits distributed unfairly, refers to customers as "8 dollar bills" walking by

Advice to Management

Go work in your stores for a day and see what it is like trying to sell someone a $5 slice of pizza that has been sitting there for hours. Then YOU try to sell them a combo, large upgrade, dipping sauce and tell me how it feels to get harrassed by your customers.

R-E-S-P-E-C-T

Current Employee - Cashier in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Cashier in Orlando, FL

Pros

If you are a highschool student looking for a job to keep you busy after school, then this is the job for you. after you stay on board for a few weeks your hours will increase. Easy prmotions just work hard and be seen by your store manager.

Cons

disrespectful management, nooo raises for the past 3 years, customer service is 2nd in line to sales goals. overall unfair treatment when it comes to recognition. unable to communicate with management, their way or the high way -_-

Advice to Management

start back up from scratch. treat your employees like human beings not just the help.