Sbarro

www.sbarro.com
  www.sbarro.com
There are newer employer reviews for Sbarro

New service line to compete with other restaurants at the food court.

I have been working at Sbarro

Pros

Good team to work with. Great atmosphere at Fashion Island.

Cons

Long Hours. Lack of management experience.

46 Other Employee Reviews for Sbarro (View Most Recent)

A slice of life

Current Employee - General Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - General Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Sbarro full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Friendly staff who tried hard to play with sad working conditions. Incredible endurance for suffering. We went without an oven for weeks . We had to cook in the tiny, back oven. It took
    one hour for a pizza!

Cons

No cash flow. Upper management back stabbing, bickering psychopaths. More interested in fighting turf wars than taking care of business. Very slow and antiquated computer system.

Repair the infrastructure if you can. Just pull the plug on the walking zombie if you can't.

Horrible experience from day one.

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Tampa, FL

I worked at Sbarro part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Free food. Mall hours. That's really about it. I was fortunate enough to be good friends with the General Manager of the location that I was in, and literally, he is the only reason that I stayed on for almost 2 years. Had it not been for him making the experience less painful, I wouldn't have stayed even 2 weeks.

Cons

This company is a complete disaster. Like a nose diving plane or a giant train wreck.
    Please, if you have any respect or dignity for yourself, and don't want to be beyond miserable in your job... Look elsewhere. This company cares about nothing but making money. I was an Assistant Manager. Zero support from the DO, who was non existent except for sending emails every 15 minutes telling us how much we all sucked at our jobs. The company changes policies and procedures more often than the average person changes their underwear. There are new corporate head honchos about every other month. The food is fair to poor at best, and is grossly over priced. I was embarrassed to serve such garbage. If equipment breaks, there's no money to ever fix it, properly anyway. Countless false promises. I referred a GM to the company. This person was hired and put into position. I'm still waiting for the referral bonus that I will never see for doing this. Even though it was during their referral program. I could go on for days. Sbarro was in bankruptcy at one point and should have just gone bankrupt. The people that "run" this company will eventually run it
    Straight into the ground.

You people should all go back and at least finish high school. You have no business sense whatsoever. Being circus clowns would suit you all much better.

There are newer employer reviews for Sbarro