satisfactory

I have been working at ScanSafe

Pros

- Helpful colleagues
- Technically strong team

Cons

- Poor Documentation and
- Systematically slow

Advice to Management

- Streamline processes
- Remove system dependency

reviews filtered by
  1. Only there for a very brief time but long enough to realise what an unsupportive place it was

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I worked at ScanSafe

Pros

Exciting industry, good social life

Cons

Manager simply not interested in managing his team, I spent 2 months requesting clarification on my role, the least you can expect is to have your role clearly defined when you start a job. I never got it, in the end he asked me 'so did you clarify your role with so and so?' I wanted to say 'no you'll find that it's a manager's role to clarify a new employee's role'.

Was promised a month of training on all their products, got 2 weeks of patchy training on one product from another employee who whined and moaned about having to train me while having to carry on doing his job.

Was thrown in the deep end, 'sink or swim' culture and after 2 months of sinking big time, totally out of my depth, I decided to call it a day.

Only 21 days annual leave for a company that's doing so well

Advice to Management

Make sure your managers are there to manage people, not there simply for the salary and the prestige.
    Get clearly defined roles that are clearly communicated to new employees.

And do not lie at interviews: 3 people at my interviews lied about the nature of the role, 'travel abroad' was the carrot on the stick for that job when it's all desk based. After half a day there it was clear that there was no travelling involved in my role

2. A good place to advance your career with a positive company morale.

I have been working at ScanSafe

Pros

Responsibility is yours, positive reinforcement from management, and the feeling that you are personally contributing to the success of the company.

With a flat corporate structure, there is no elitism in this organization.

Cons

Growing pains as the company takes on more staff and new corporate processes must be put in place.

If you are not willing to take ownership of projects or need micromanagement, this is not the place for you.

Advice to Management

Continue to provide positive reinforcement for jobs well done and foster more communication between departments.