Schiller International University
www.schiller.edu Largo, FL 50 to 149 Employees

NIGHTMARE

Admissions (Former Employee)
Largo, FL

ProsI enjoyed dealing with international students.

ConsThey have recently laid off almost their entire staff. Their goals were unattainable because they were unwilling to invest in the marketing to make it happen. Every month they moved the goalposts which creates enormous disorganization. There is no option but to fail miserably. I had done admissions previously and was very successful, so I'm fairly confident the problem had nothing to do with me. There is a colossal failure of senior management to take responsibility for the problems that staff has in getting the job done. Students are angry and rightfully so. They completely changed the class format from traditional semester-based courses to month long classes. All while having NO staff left to implement any changes. It was the worst experience in a working environment I've ever known, and I feel I can tolerate quite a bit! Never would I suggest that a person take a job here.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunicate with your employees. Treat your employees with respect. The people in the trenches KNOW what the problems and hangups are and why your school is not successful, so you would be well served to listen to them if you hope to turn things around. Put students ahead of money and that would change the environment. Provide proper training, set realistic goals, invest in your employees to help them make it happen.

Great experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Schiller International University full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Great international Exposure, met a lot of interesting people Cons: low pay, lack of support No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Stay away

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Schiller International University

Pros: Co workers are friendly but no one stays longer than… Cons: Senior management is terrible. They take no responsibility and blame their employees. There is… Advice to Senior Management: Please hire someone who knows what they are doing! There… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Schiller International University.

Worked for Schiller International University? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Schiller International University reviews and ratings. All reviews posted anonymously by Schiller International University employees.