There are newer employer reviews for Schilling Robotics

learned alot about big companies

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Shingle Springs, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Shingle Springs, CA

I have been working at Schilling Robotics

Pros

good wages,benefits and holiday schedule. Get to machine some very nice parts for subsea robotics and work with newer machines.

Cons

management doesn't understand how a manufacturing facility should or can work and is hampering the production of their new facility.

listen to what the workers on the floor making things happen. they know how to get the job done if you give them a chance to do it.

reviews filtered by

Good employees, terrible management

I worked at Schilling Robotics full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

When I started at Schilling it had a great, family friendly, employee focused culture. The subject matter is interesting (Subsea Robotics) and you could learn new things.

Cons

Within a few years though the executives decided the company needed to change, so brought in an entire slew of outside management from big corporations who treated employees like drones to squeeze as much labor out of as possible.

Management got turned over again after a year or two, and many of the old people resumed their roles, but middle management stayed the same corporate people as before, who continued to treat employees like drones while running interference between employees and HR and executive management (insisting everything was fine and happy and they were doing what the executives wanted -- a return to family friendly, employee focused culture).

Salaried employees who only put in 40 hours a week are "slacking", expect to get written up.

Pay is on the low side, and there are no bonuses or incentives.

Company has since been bought out by FMC Technologies, so management has likely changed again.

2. Great culture, fun company & exciting products

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Davis, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Davis, CA

I have been working at Schilling Robotics full-time

Pros

I really enjoy working at FMC Technologies Schilling Robotics. The culture is great, cool product and technology, benefits are generous and the people are terrific to work with (a real family feel). I have always felt appreciated and very respected as an employee. There is lots of celebrating company successes, strong communication and fun t-shirts too. I feel proud and lucky to be employed with FMC Technologies Schilling Robotics. I hope to be here for many years to come!

Cons

There is always something every company can improve on. Maybe a better bonus program possibly, but I know many places don't offer a bonus at all. Other than that it is tough to say....I am very satisfied and proud to work for Schilling.

I appreciate that the Senior leadership keeps the employee very well informed, are very approachable, down to earth and friendly. Keep it up!

There are newer employer reviews for Schilling Robotics