There are newer employer reviews for Schlotzsky's

Good first job. Nothing more.

I worked at Schlotzsky's

Pros

Learn work ethic if you are a 15 year old that wants to know what having a "job" is. Sandwiches are delicious.

Cons

No chance at growth, but it is just a fast-food chain. Minimum wage. Scheduling seems screwy, but I suppose is expected when majority of workforce is part-timers.

Advice to Management

Sandwiches are sold at a high price, but I have seen lots of Schlotzsky's go under due to poor performance. This stems from an atrocious blend of workers that are barely willing to give enough effort to make earning minimum wage bearable. If they learn to bump wages higher, and be stricter with which franchisor's that they allow, they could possibly see positive results. As I said earlier, they do have delicious sandwiches.

reviews filtered by
  1. Great Food - not Rocket Science ro run - but upper Mgmt styles can give you heartburn/headaches

Current Employee - General Manager
    Current Employee - General Manager

I have been working at Schlotzsky's

Pros

Great food; Great atmosphere; No grease; Great push by Corporate CEO for continuous personal training for Managers.

Cons

Typical Distrcit Directors not satisfied; Full weekly inventories; Benefits have been cut down at the moment because of economy

2. Overall a good work environment with friendly staff

Former Employee - Line Cook in Athens, GA
    Former Employee - Line Cook in Athens, GA

I worked at Schlotzsky's full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There were friendly employees and good management. The environment was often fast paced during rushes, which made shifts go by quickly.

Cons

Closing the store took a long time and was very tedious. This is probably similar with other restaurants, but was tedious nonetheless.

Advice to Management

I would say continue doing what you are doing. Good operations and a good store.