There are newer employer reviews for Schlumberger

A great place to work for the go-getter.

Current Employee - Proposal Coordinator  in  Houston, TX
Current Employee - Proposal Coordinator in Houston, TX

I have been working at Schlumberger

Pros

Excellent management, outstanding resources and knowledge management. I really think that their personnel development is first-rate, and the attention paid to developing a safety-first culture is a positive. Salaries are competitive and the talent level is off the charts impressive.

Cons

None of note, at least none that stand out in relation to other companies of a similar size. Not a good place to work if you're not willing to move into new roles and take on new responsibilities...not a good fit for those who prefer to put down roots in one place.

Internal communication is key---it's too easy for low to mid-level types to not see the forest for the trees in terms of company performance.

1410 Other Employee Reviews for Schlumberger (View Most Recent)

Good experience for intern's in software engineering

Former Employee - Software Intern SPC Campus  in  Sugar Land, TX
    Former Employee - Software Intern SPC Campus in Sugar Land, TX

I worked at Schlumberger

Pros

Other employees are very courteous and respectful. Good benefits, and decent salary. People who are knowledgeable about any work similar to yours are usually helpful and patient when answering your questions. Interns are very well taken care of especially with transportation.

Cons

Though other employees are respectful, they are not always very friendly and in a jovial mood. People always seem serious and stressed out which was especially true for the team I was currently working for. The work was completely individual so any notion of team involvement is gone although you are assigned to a "team". The choices of projects given were not too exciting which i guess is to be expected since it is an internship but it still could have been better. Was not really exposed to any other project outside of the main project. Nothing really separates this company from others who also employ software engineers. Maybe the full-time salary but as of yet I don't know any.

Have a better plan for intern projects. Even though the orientation was well organized the project managers did not really have a clue as to what project to assign.

Proud to work for Schlumberger!

Current Employee - Field Specialist M/LWD2  in  Conway, AR
    Current Employee - Field Specialist M/LWD2 in Conway, AR

I have been working at Schlumberger

Pros

I personally believe that SLB is the best because of the amount of money they spend on training and R&D. Training is intense and not all make it. This is how they weed out the under performers. Maintenance on the equipment is very good giving us in the field better tools. We spend more time with quality checks then other companies , I think, which keeps mistakes to a minimum. This gives us a good image to the client.

I wish I would have found this career and company years ago. Currently I have been employed with Schlumberger around 2 years.

Cons

I wish there was more of a schedule to plan personal activities... but I guess thats why they pay so much for what we do.

I would say instead of hiring people for Directional Drilling that have 1 to 2 years MWD experience outside the company they should promote more MWD's to DD inside the company that already met the requirements.

There are newer employer reviews for Schlumberger

Worked for Schlumberger? Contribute to the Community!