Schlumberger

www.slb.com

If you want a challenge and be rewarded for it this job is for you.

Engineer (Current Employee) Denver, CO

ProsThere are many reasons to work at Schlumberger because it's really up to the employee. Great pay, travel opportunities, career growth. Your development will be based on how hard you work on projects. Bonuses vary from project to project thus far I know. As for traveling, if you graduated from the states then you will be working within the states or gulf of mexico. You can petition for international assignment usually after three years in the company.

ConsObliviously, what I wrote sounds great but everything has a price. One of the biggest downfall is lack of free time. And when free time is available you can be randomly called for your services because of a problem at a client's site.

Advice to Senior ManagementI believe they need to create a leadership development program that gives hands experience for all incoming engineers and not segregate it to one service.

A great place to work for the go-getter.

Proposal Coordinator (Current Employee) Houston, TX

I have been working at Schlumberger

Pros: Excellent management, outstanding resources and knowledge management. I really think that their personnel development is first-rate, and the attention paid… Cons: None of note, at least none that stand out in relation to other companies of a similar size. Not a good place to work if… Advice to Senior Management: Internal communication is key---it's too easy for low to mid-level types to… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Good experience for intern's in software engineering

Software Intern SPC Campus (Former Employee) Sugar Land, TX

I worked at Schlumberger

Pros: Other employees are very courteous and respectful. Good benefits, and decent salary. People who are knowledgeable about any work similar… Cons: Though other employees are respectful, they are not always very friendly and in a jovial mood. People always seem serious and stressed out which was… Advice to Senior Management: Have a better plan for intern projects. Even though the orientation was well organized… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Schlumberger.

Worked for Schlumberger? Contribute to the Community!