Schlumberger

www.slb.com
  www.slb.com
There are newer employer reviews for Schlumberger

If you want a challenge and be rewarded for it this job is for you.

Current Employee - Engineer in Denver, CO
Current Employee - Engineer in Denver, CO

I have been working at Schlumberger

Pros

There are many reasons to work at Schlumberger because it's really up to the employee. Great pay, travel opportunities, career growth. Your development will be based on how hard you work on projects. Bonuses vary from project to project thus far I know. As for traveling, if you graduated from the states then you will be working within the states or gulf of mexico. You can petition for international assignment usually after three years in the company.

Cons

Obliviously, what I wrote sounds great but everything has a price. One of the biggest downfall is lack of free time. And when free time is available you can be randomly called for your services because of a problem at a client's site.

I believe they need to create a leadership development program that gives hands experience for all incoming engineers and not segregate it to one service.

1498 Other Employee Reviews for Schlumberger (View Most Recent)

A great place to work for the go-getter.

Current Employee - Proposal Coordinator in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Proposal Coordinator in Houston, TX

I have been working at Schlumberger

Pros

Excellent management, outstanding resources and knowledge management. I really think that their personnel development is first-rate, and the attention paid to developing a safety-first culture is a positive. Salaries are competitive and the talent level is off the charts impressive.

Cons

None of note, at least none that stand out in relation to other companies of a similar size. Not a good place to work if you're not willing to move into new roles and take on new responsibilities...not a good fit for those who prefer to put down roots in one place.

Internal communication is key---it's too easy for low to mid-level types to not see the forest for the trees in terms of company performance.

Good experience for intern's in software engineering

Former Employee - Software Intern SPC Campus in Sugar Land, TX
    Former Employee - Software Intern SPC Campus in Sugar Land, TX

I worked at Schlumberger

Pros

Other employees are very courteous and respectful. Good benefits, and decent salary. People who are knowledgeable about any work similar to yours are usually helpful and patient when answering your questions. Interns are very well taken care of especially with transportation.

Cons

Though other employees are respectful, they are not always very friendly and in a jovial mood. People always seem serious and stressed out which was especially true for the team I was currently working for. The work was completely individual so any notion of team involvement is gone although you are assigned to a "team". The choices of projects given were not too exciting which i guess is to be expected since it is an internship but it still could have been better. Was not really exposed to any other project outside of the main project. Nothing really separates this company from others who also employ software engineers. Maybe the full-time salary but as of yet I don't know any.

Have a better plan for intern projects. Even though the orientation was well organized the project managers did not really have a clue as to what project to assign.

There are newer employer reviews for Schlumberger