Schlumberger

www.slb.com

Test down hole service tools.

Developmental Technician (Former Employee) Rosharon, TX

ProsMoney and time off are the best reasons to work for Schlumberger in Alaska. Entry level North slope experience is also a plus. I would not want to work for Schlumberger anywhere there is not a schedule where you get 50% of the year off. As for North Slope companies it is one of the lower paying companies, although I have heard one of it's competitors on the slope pays less. If the only reason you are here is money and time off, or North Slope experience so you can move to a better North Slope company, Schlumberger is good for that, if you want a job you enjoy with management that is at least consistent with what they say and what they do, Schlumberger Is not for you.

ConsSafety preaches one thing and management does another. If the employee does what is unsafe he could be fired, but if he doesn't do what management asks, even if it goes against the safety rules, they will start looking for a reason to get rid of that employee. There are a lot of uneducated people in operator positions with big egos just because they have a high paying job. If they worked anywhere else but here, they would not make the kind of money they are making and probably wouldn't have such large egos. Spending half of your life with these people can be hard to do for many people.

Advice to Senior ManagementEven if you’re uncomfortable addressing shortcomings, your job now is to talk about these things. Don’t value your own comfort over the work you’ve been hired to do or an employee’s ability to get honest feedback.

Great money but you are working all the time, literally.

Field Engineer (Current Employee) Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Schlumberger

Pros: The money, training and opportunity for advancement is very good,… Cons: You work 24 hours, live on a rig, sleep very little, and never know when you will have a day off. When you do… Advice to Senior Management: Treat new employees better and you might be able to… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Just like other service companies but excellent training skills.

Drilling Engineer (Current Employee) Houston, TX

I have been working at Schlumberger

Pros: Excellent trainings. Work with latest technology. Lots of work keeps… Cons: some time too stressing work time lines. Advice to Senior Management: Be more transparent and communicative. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Schlumberger.

Worked for Schlumberger? Contribute to the Community!