Schlumberger

www.slb.com

Schlumberger is an interesting company.

Senior Electrical Engineer (Current Employee) Sugar Land, TX

ProsSchlumberger has a very diverse workforce. When I go to lunch, seven of ten at the table were not born in the US. They pick the best employees from all over the world.

There is little to no specialization. As an engineer, I'm not given a small piece of the product to work on, I do the entire design. Although it is very challenging to be able to perform well on all aspects of electronics design, it is also very rewarding.

ConsIn a word, lifestyle. I work from 9-11 hours a day, six days a week and can barely "meet expectations". It is difficult to balance time between work and home.

Advice to Senior ManagementOver the years, Schlumberger has been a rewarding place to work. I believe that it's our technical abilities that put us where we are. Reward those who continue to make Schlumberger a leader in the industry.

Great place to launch a career

Firmware Engineer (Former Employee) Sugar Land, TX

I worked at Schlumberger

Pros: Great place to be an engineer, technical career ladder allows for advancement without taking on a management role. Great culture, good people. Well… Cons: Limited opportunities in management for any disciplines other than EE or Mechanical engineering. Field experience… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Horrible company no growth no concern about employees

Underwriter (Former Employee) Tamarac, FL

I worked at Schlumberger

Pros: Health insurance was expensive but provided Cons: No annual increases, unethical, drama, very unprofessional More
There are newer reviews on Schlumberger.

Worked for Schlumberger? Contribute to the Community!