There are newer employer reviews for Schlumberger

unorganized

Former Employee - Wireline Operator  in  Vernal, UT
Former Employee - Wireline Operator in Vernal, UT

I worked at Schlumberger full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good pay. got to see a lot of the U.S.

Cons

working 110 hours a week and only getting paid for forty of them. never knowing when you're going to be home. working 48 hour shifts back to back. wake-up calls at 3am to go on a job.

get some management

1415 Other Employee Reviews for Schlumberger (View Most Recent)

Schlumberger is an interesting company.

Current Employee - Senior Electrical Engineer  in  Sugar Land, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Electrical Engineer in Sugar Land, TX

I have been working at Schlumberger

Pros

Schlumberger has a very diverse workforce. When I go to lunch, seven of ten at the table were not born in the US. They pick the best employees from all over the world.

There is little to no specialization. As an engineer, I'm not given a small piece of the product to work on, I do the entire design. Although it is very challenging to be able to perform well on all aspects of electronics design, it is also very rewarding.

Cons

In a word, lifestyle. I work from 9-11 hours a day, six days a week and can barely "meet expectations". It is difficult to balance time between work and home.

Over the years, Schlumberger has been a rewarding place to work. I believe that it's our technical abilities that put us where we are. Reward those who continue to make Schlumberger a leader in the industry.

Great place to launch a career

Former Employee - Firmware Engineer  in  Sugar Land, TX
    Former Employee - Firmware Engineer in Sugar Land, TX

I worked at Schlumberger

Pros

Great place to be an engineer, technical career ladder allows for advancement without taking on a management role. Great culture, good people. Well known and respected brand name that carries a lot of weight in the industry. As a friend from Exxon put it, when something goes wrong, your best defense is to be able to say "but we even used Schlumberger".

Cons

Limited opportunities in management for any disciplines other than EE or Mechanical engineering. Field experience is also generally necessary for advancement. Fixed-step advancement program for university hires can be a pain.

There are newer employer reviews for Schlumberger

Worked for Schlumberger? Contribute to the Community!