Schlumberger

Technology Driven

Petrophysicst (Current Employee)
Houston, TX

I have been working at Schlumberger full-time for more than 10 years

ProsSchlumberger values it's technical population. You can stay in a technical role and still advance in salary and grade throughout your career without having to take a management path. We have the opportunity to work with some of the most advanced technology in the world.

ConsSalaries not quite as high as with operators. Travel schedule for senior staff can be challenging. There can be a lack of support for a healthy work-life balance sometimes.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement should strive to find the balance between revenue growth and the welfare of the population. Doing more with less is not the mantra we should be using.

Great people! Extremely technology driven

Procurement Intern (Current Employee)
Houston, TX

I have been working at Schlumberger as an intern for less than a year

Pros: Company culture, Technology, Opportunities for growth Cons: Work hours/ sometimes more responsibility than you can handle. Advice to Senior Management: Great manager. No complains Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great Company to work for; if you work for the right manager

Electronics Technician (Former Employee)
Sugar Land, TX

I worked at Schlumberger full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Good people, Decient pay, a few perks like Campany discounts… Cons: For most Technicians at the sugarland Location, it is very hard to get a promotion. It took me three years with steller… Advice to Senior Management: Educate your Technicians on how they can earn their promotions. I would have been a Lifer if I got my promotion… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Schlumberger.

Worked for Schlumberger? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Schlumberger reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Schlumberger CEO Paal Kibsgaard . All reviews posted anonymously by Schlumberger employees.