Schlumberger

www.slb.com

Excellent, a great place to make a career. As a lifestyle I would be less optimistic.

Field Engineer (Former Employee) Tulsa, OK

ProsExcellent Benefits. High profile jobs, tons of responsibility, little office work, working with cool mechanical and hi-tech tools. You are heavily in charge and you have tons of support, therefore you will always know what to do or else you have the confidence and resources to ask if you are in doubt. It is a very solid working place.

ConsA successful personal life seems unlikely to happen. The company becomes 90% of your LIFE. Planning time off is not reliable. Your boss will need you at any time on any day, often very unexpectedly. You are most of the time moving to one city to another (which can be exciting) but that means you spend lots of time in places where you know no one and you and your colleagues will be in the same situation. You should add this to the fact that you will have little time off. The end result is that you will spend most weekends with the same people you work with.... in my case I had cool colleagues, but it's not always the case.

Advice to Senior ManagementTAKE OUT the shitty instructors from the learning centers. Some of them are good, many are not. If you have people without motivation as instructors you are spoiling tons of fresh talent flowing into the company. You are literally wasting fortunes and other people's time by the absurd excuse of "yeeee we're so tough, others just don't make it"

Good place to start, fantastic carrer planning and training.

Field Engineer (Current Employee) Houston, TX

I have been working at Schlumberger full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: Training, Career plan, great team to work with, international workforce. Cons: Promotion is based mostly in what you pretend you can do rather than what you can… Advice to Senior Management: Include tech assessment to promote field personnel, a good power… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Research Engineering Intern

Research Engineer (Former Employee) Cambridge, MA

I worked at Schlumberger as an intern for less than a year

Pros: good salary, good working environment, flexible, managers are nice, location… Cons: everyone works hard, some work during the weekend, not lots of fun. But it's typical for R&D, you need… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Schlumberger.

Worked for Schlumberger? Contribute to the Community!