Schlumberger
3.6 of 5 1,343 reviews
www.slb.com Houston, TX 5000+ Employees

It's what you make it!

Field Specialist (Current Employee)
Midland, TX

ProsSchlumberger puts a huge enphasis on training and career development for each individual and will always promote from within to those who want it. Co workers in the field make coping with the sometime long hours manageable due to the SLB culture. There's support for families and employees which is reassuring and the pay and benefits is great depending on where you work. In comparison to other companies there's a great opportunity here and one could climb to great heights.

ConsI work in the field as a supervisor over cementing operations. This is an on call schedule so my hours are speratic to say the least. And when it's busy I'm barely home but when it's slow I could be at home for 3 days without any need to go into work. So it makes planning difficult especially in your first year. It's not for everyone the long hours, physical strain, sleep deprivation will effect most people and families. It can get dirty and tedious and really demand a strong work ethic.

Advice to Senior ManagementI really don't have much to complain about.

Good place to start, fantastic carrer planning and training.

Field Engineer (Current Employee)
    Houston, TX

I have been working at Schlumberger full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: Training, Career plan, great team to work with, international workforce. Cons: Promotion is based mostly in what you pretend you can do rather than what you can… Advice to Senior Management: Include tech assessment to promote field personnel, a good power… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Research Engineering Intern

Research Engineer (Former Employee)
    Cambridge, MA

I worked at Schlumberger as an intern for less than a year

Pros: good salary, good working environment, flexible, managers are nice, location… Cons: everyone works hard, some work during the weekend, not lots of fun. But it's typical for R&D, you need… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Schlumberger.

Worked for Schlumberger? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Schlumberger reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Schlumberger CEO Paal Kibsgaard . All reviews posted anonymously by Schlumberger employees.