Schlumberger

There are newer employer reviews for Schlumberger

It's what you make it!

Current Employee - Field Specialist in Midland, TX
Current Employee - Field Specialist in Midland, TX

I have been working at Schlumberger full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Schlumberger puts a huge enphasis on training and career development for each individual and will always promote from within to those who want it. Co workers in the field make coping with the sometime long hours manageable due to the SLB culture. There's support for families and employees which is reassuring and the pay and benefits is great depending on where you work. In comparison to other companies there's a great opportunity here and one could climb to great heights.

Cons

I work in the field as a supervisor over cementing operations. This is an on call schedule so my hours are speratic to say the least. And when it's busy I'm barely home but when it's slow I could be at home for 3 days without any need to go into work. So it makes planning difficult especially in your first year. It's not for everyone the long hours, physical strain, sleep deprivation will effect most people and families. It can get dirty and tedious and really demand a strong work ethic.

I really don't have much to complain about.

1565 Other Employee Reviews for Schlumberger (View Most Recent)

Good place to start, fantastic carrer planning and training.

Current Employee - Field Engineer in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Field Engineer in Houston, TX

I have been working at Schlumberger full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Training, Career plan, great team to work with, international workforce.

Cons

Promotion is based mostly in what you pretend you can do rather than what you can actually do... I’ve seen employees going up the ladder very quickly without any solid technical skills.

Include tech assessment to promote field personnel, a good power point presentation is not enough to assess the employee technical competency.

Research Engineering Intern

Former Employee - Research Engineer in Cambridge, MA
    Former Employee - Research Engineer in Cambridge, MA

I worked at Schlumberger as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

good salary, good working environment, flexible, managers are nice, location is one of the best, cutting-edge technology, popular in the field.

Cons

everyone works hard, some work during the weekend, not lots of fun. But it's typical for R&D, you need to do intern multiple times to get a return offer. Someone has connections does not need to do it.

There are newer employer reviews for Schlumberger