Schlumberger

There are newer employer reviews for Schlumberger

Great internship program

Former Employee - Mechanical Engineer in Rosharon, TX
Former Employee - Mechanical Engineer in Rosharon, TX

I worked at Schlumberger as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

very organized and projects are real industrial projects, very challenging and rewarding.

Cons

Houston is not a nice place to live for young people.

1505 Other Employee Reviews for Schlumberger (View Most Recent)

It's what you make it!

Current Employee - Field Specialist in Midland, TX
    Current Employee - Field Specialist in Midland, TX

I have been working at Schlumberger full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Schlumberger puts a huge enphasis on training and career development for each individual and will always promote from within to those who want it. Co workers in the field make coping with the sometime long hours manageable due to the SLB culture. There's support for families and employees which is reassuring and the pay and benefits is great depending on where you work. In comparison to other companies there's a great opportunity here and one could climb to great heights.

Cons

I work in the field as a supervisor over cementing operations. This is an on call schedule so my hours are speratic to say the least. And when it's busy I'm barely home but when it's slow I could be at home for 3 days without any need to go into work. So it makes planning difficult especially in your first year. It's not for everyone the long hours, physical strain, sleep deprivation will effect most people and families. It can get dirty and tedious and really demand a strong work ethic.

I really don't have much to complain about.

Excellent, a great place to make a career. As a lifestyle I would be less optimistic.

Former Employee - Field Engineer in Tulsa, OK
    Former Employee - Field Engineer in Tulsa, OK

I worked at Schlumberger full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Excellent Benefits. High profile jobs, tons of responsibility, little office work, working with cool mechanical and hi-tech tools. You are heavily in charge and you have tons of support, therefore you will always know what to do or else you have the confidence and resources to ask if you are in doubt. It is a very solid working place.

Cons

A successful personal life seems unlikely to happen. The company becomes 90% of your LIFE. Planning time off is not reliable. Your boss will need you at any time on any day, often very unexpectedly. You are most of the time moving to one city to another (which can be exciting) but that means you spend lots of time in places where you know no one and you and your colleagues will be in the same situation. You should add this to the fact that you will have little time off. The end result is that you will spend most weekends with the same people you work with.... in my case I had cool colleagues, but it's not always the case.

TAKE OUT the shitty instructors from the learning centers. Some of them are good, many are not. If you have people without motivation as instructors you are spoiling tons of fresh talent flowing into the company. You are literally wasting fortunes and other people's time by the absurd excuse of "yeeee we're so tough, others just don't make it"

There are newer employer reviews for Schlumberger