Schlumberger

www.slb.com

Overall great, but could've been better if more guidance/heads-up was given

Field Engineer - Wireline (Former Employee) Tulsa, OK

ProsTraining was excellent, all hands-on including practical operation, as well as classroom technical background knowledge. Scheduled testing, both paper and practical was held to ensure trainees understand their material and their weakness so they could improve at it.

Enjoyed the company, and would recommend it to anyone with a dream.

ConsCertain trainees, while they have the technical ability to solve questions, they may not be mentally prepared for the environment. "Technical, environment, dream" with all 3 may a person be successful. Environment was a challenge for me, for trainees that find difficulty in fitting into such environment, perhaps SLB can notice such symptom earlier and hold private consultation with the trainee, and decide whether they should take any extra measure for such people.

Advice to Senior ManagementAs above, I really liked my work (technical-wise), however due to various reasons including difficulty in fitting into environment, and some personal characteristic weakness, I made some mistakes during training that I had resign from my work. SLB induces stress on trainees during training on purpose so they could see the trainees reactions, however understanding certain trainees may have other issues rather technical difficulty, perhaps holding extra consultation prior to practical assessment?

Thanks for everything.

Production Engineer

Production Engineer (Current Employee) Houston, TX

I have been working at Schlumberger full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: You have access to the latest technologies and trainings in… Cons: Schlumberger demands a lot of your time. Advice to Senior Management: Create better work-life balance Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

It's an ok place

Field Mechanic (Current Employee) San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Schlumberger full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Good Benefits and pays pretty well Cons: There's no loyalty system... you move up at your own… Advice to Senior Management: none Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Schlumberger.

Worked for Schlumberger? Contribute to the Community!