Schlumberger

There are newer employer reviews for Schlumberger

Field Engineer Trainee

Current Employee - Field Engineer in Rock Springs, WY
Current Employee - Field Engineer in Rock Springs, WY

I have been working at Schlumberger full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Pay, people, the time off between rotations is great

Cons

Long hours make it difficult

1568 Other Employee Reviews for Schlumberger (View Most Recent)

I have been in this company less than a year and I can't wait to find another job!

Current Employee - Accountant in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Accountant in Houston, TX

I have been working at Schlumberger full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Opportunities to expand your career and to travel only if your manager decides to help you out.

Cons

The Financial HUB has an open floor space environment (which means there are no walls, not even cubicles between you and your co-workers!!). This is not an appropriate system for accountants when they need concentration at critical times. Management have told the employees to "get with it or come to work unhappy", they also said that the work place is not a democracy therefore they are not going to change their minds about the floor plan. This is not the best way to encourage your employees when they are already frustrated about the environment. Your work space is about 4 feet wide and that's it! There is no space to do almost anything, it is the most uncomfortable office environment I have ever worked at. You are not allowed to eat at your desk because the smell can offend all the people around you, you can't use the speaker phone, you are to "whisper" because you disrupt your co-workers since there's nothing to muffle the noise. Since there is no privacy, you need to go to a phone booth to make personal calls. If your spouse works and his/her job offers health insurance, but you decide to sign them up in your Schlumberger plan, the company penalizes you by charging you $100 a month on top of the premium you already pay.

Listen to your employees, respect them as professionals by treating them as professionals. January 1st is a world wide holiday, so please, consider adding an extra day for YE close so your employees can spend time with their families. The numbers can wait.

Great Benefits, Horrible Communication

Current Employee - Field Engineer in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Field Engineer in Houston, TX

I have been working at Schlumberger full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Decent Pay
    Awesome Benefits
    Mostly Friendly People

Cons

Communication within management is horrible. At times, I didn't know who my boss was because I had several people telling how to do my job. The job itself was easy, but the paperwork and lack of common sense decisions made the job way harder than it has to be.

Have management training available before promoting a person to manager. Promote better communication between management and field personnel. Sometimes it easier to get things accomplished with less hand in the cookie jar.

There are newer employer reviews for Schlumberger