Schlumberger

There are newer employer reviews for Schlumberger

Manufacturing Center Intern

Current Intern - Intern in Lawrence, KS
Current Intern - Intern in Lawrence, KS

I have been working at Schlumberger as an intern (more than a year)

Pros

They hire some of the best minds and nicest people in the business. The hours are very flexible. The pay is competitive.

Cons

The company runs on a standard corporate bureaucracy with the politics you might expect. Much of the engineering work encompasses a fairly narrow range of problems.

Pay close attention to the work of the design engineers. They are producing the technology that keeps Schlumberger ahead of the competition. It never hurts to recognize that.

1622 Other Employee Reviews for Schlumberger (View Most Recent)

Good place for learning

Current Employee - Mechanical Engineer in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Mechanical Engineer in Houston, TX

I have been working at Schlumberger full-time (more than a year)

Pros

You will get a lot of basic as well as advanced trainings in the oil&gas industry here. Also you will meet many really really experienced engineers. It is a very good place to start one's career as a mechanical engineer.

Cons

The work schedule is not very flexible.

Left Schlumberger for a Career and a LIFE

Former Employee - Field Engineer
    Former Employee - Field Engineer

I worked at Schlumberger full-time

Pros

Money--> but money isn't everything

Cons

I feel like you can never tell anyone how you really feel, for constant fear that you may get fired of that they would think of a way to fire you.

Bad health... always being in the field turns you to 3am breakfast burritos, sodas and bags of chips. Some weeks I worked 90 hours for 3 weeks in a row. I barely had time to sleep or do anything. I was like a zombie, and so tired. I got in trouble once for closing my eyes and relaxing because I was sooo tired.

If you want money and are desperate then maybe this is the place for you, but you will quickly realize that money is not everything.

Please taken into account people's lives more. The company focuses too much on money and money, and then there is nothing else to focus on. People have families and friends, and have hobbies.

There are newer employer reviews for Schlumberger