There are newer employer reviews for Schlumberger

Intern

I worked at Schlumberger

Pros

nice culture
good benefit
ownership of project

Cons

i hate Houston
oil industry is lame

reviews filtered by
  1. Working in the oil field

I have been working at Schlumberger full-time

Pros

Great learning opportunity, will make a really good income.

Cons

Rotating shift is hard on sleep pattern. Can be challenging if you don't have a strong family support system due to time spent away.

MWD Field Engineer (D&M)

Former Employee - D&M MWD Field Engineer in Youngsville, LA
    Former Employee - D&M MWD Field Engineer in Youngsville, LA

I worked at Schlumberger full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great Salary plus bonus
    D&M Youngsville LA office is new and the office personnel are nice
    As a field engineer you don't have a schedule when not offshore so you don't need to go into the office everyday.
    Working on a rig is great. You get to know the people you are working with (usually only 3 other people, 1 other MWD, and 2 DDs). However if you don't get along with them then you are out of luck.
    Very safe company.

Cons

No work life balance!
    When not offshore you are supposed to stay within a 40 mile perimeter of Youngsville or risk being fired. But hey sometimes your manager will let you go to Houston. If your family is in the surrounding states then it's fine but if you would have to fly home to visit don't expect it to happen.
    Management is constantly changing. Managers with no experience as managers are being given large clients and get over stressed/worked and can quit with no warning, only to be replaced with someone who has even less experience.
    NO schedules. I started the same time as another person and they were constantly going offshore all the time while I was on land waiting to go offshore. Clients don't want us out there until we are needed because SLB is expensive.

Don't give large clients (deepwater) to new FSMs Let that be a goal for good FSMs to work towards.
    DO NOT TELL A GIRL SHE IS HAVING GIRL PROBEMS AND THAT YOU DON"T WANT TO WASTE YOUR TIME ON IT! I told HR about this and they didn't care.

There are newer employer reviews for Schlumberger