Schlumberger

www.slb.com
  www.slb.com
There are newer employer reviews for Schlumberger

Good for your resume, opportunities limited.

Current Employee - Accountant in Houston, TX
Current Employee - Accountant in Houston, TX

I have been working at Schlumberger full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

They move you positions about every two years, good exposure to different areas within finance and the business. Some travel opportunities depending on which department you work in.

Cons

-Below market pay
-Management hesitant to give you opportunities that you have proven you are capable of.
-They will marginalize and squeeze you as much as they can. Truly a slave driver.
-With no show of appreciation or care for their employees
-Opportunities and management positions are given to inexperienced employees (still not sure why) when there are many higher qualified employees available.
-Everything is a secret and as an employee you do not know where you are headed in your career. Lots of uncertainties regarding career advancement for such a structured organization.
-Senior management lacks fundamental knowledge of finance and strategic management.
-Financial HUB provides no privacy. No office or cubicles.

Provide advancement to those who have proven themselves worthy. Provide fair compensation. Treat experienced employees with due respect and career opportunities, they are valuable assets to the company. The management culture does not realize this and rather replaces those experienced employees with college grads or hires externally experienced individuals that have no idea what they are doing. This leads to overall high turnover and negatively affects our financials due to inaccuracies and inefficiencies.

1505 Other Employee Reviews for Schlumberger (View Most Recent)

Bogus interview

I worked at Schlumberger

Pros

I know from some friends it can be rewarding, due to intensive training and big number of jobs, hence you get transferrable knowledge, one of the most important things to look for when choosing a company.

Cons

I've been a few months ago to an interview for a geotechnical position in my country of origin (I am working in another country). They didn't reimburse one Euro from the travel expenses, even if they promised to do so. I was interviewed together with people who were there for field jobs, so I believe they needed to interview me for legal reasons. Anyway, in my home country they hire first in class for field only, and for jobs where normally they need smart people, they hire mediocre students usually, or those with a close relative in an important position with a client.

Try to look for real assets for your company, even if assets mean east-european brains

Job

Former Employee - Coil Operator in Alice, TX
    Former Employee - Coil Operator in Alice, TX

I worked at Schlumberger full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good weather and nice yard

Cons

Horrible management needs an overhaul

Learn to manage your employees

There are newer employer reviews for Schlumberger