Schlumberger
3.6 of 5 1,236 reviews
www.slb.com Houston, TX 5000+ Employees

Great company to work for

Field Engineer (Former Employee)
New Orleans, LA

I worked at Schlumberger full-time for more than 10 years

ProsVery structured learning and promotion experience. Lots of benefits and great salary plus bonus (wireline division). Ability to transfer between business units. Team oriented work environment.

ConsExtremely long hours and countless calls to work through the night, weekends, holidays, and occasionally during your scheduled vacation!! All your coworkers are also A-B performers. You may get laid off even if you do everything perfect. I saw this happen to several coworkers over the years.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't forget where you came from. We all started in the field as brothers.

Training

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Schlumberger

Pros: Training is very good Cons: Compensation is very low Advice to Senior Management: Share the $ Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great work environment for smart people

Electrical Engineer (Former Employee)
Houston, TX

I worked at Schlumberger as an intern for less than a year

Pros: Flexible schedule, perks, and working with bright minded people. It is… Cons: Very intellectually challenged work. For example, a smart employee can work 40 hours a week and get everything done, while a mediocre employee may… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Schlumberger.

Worked for Schlumberger? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Schlumberger reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Schlumberger CEO Paal Kibsgaard . All reviews posted anonymously by Schlumberger employees.