There are newer employer reviews for Schlumberger

Good company

Former Employee - Intern in Boston, MA
Former Employee - Intern in Boston, MA

I worked at Schlumberger full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Interesting research, nice people, a lot of interns together

Cons

very low return offer rate

reviews filtered by
  1. Field Engineer/ Field Engineer trainee

Current Employee - Field Engineer in Maurice, LA
    Current Employee - Field Engineer in Maurice, LA

I have been working at Schlumberger full-time (less than a year)

Pros

It's hard for me to think of any pros of this company, but I would say they are a large company and that has to be beneficial in some way.

Cons

Pretty much everything!! The number one problem is that they are NOT up front with you about how the job is going to be. They promise you all these wonderful things and so none of the things they said have been true. They either say oh that wasn't for your job or they just ignore the fact that they are doing the exact opposite of what they told you they were going to do. If you want to work for a company who will be honest with you, or a company who you can take at their word then you need to keep searching for alternate companies for employment.

BE HONEST! Not only is it morally wrong it is completely unprofessional. Companies like this are partly at fault for the negative view the world has of the oil industry. Don't tell possible employees you will work this schedule and that not be the case. Don't say you'll get this promotion when you clearly have no intention of giving them said promotion. When people decide to work for your company they do it based off the things they are told and when all those things turn out to be false they get angry and quit. You will continue to lose good, hard working, employee due to the fact that you aren't up front and honest with them.

2. Great if your an Engineer, not so great if your anything else.

I have been working at Schlumberger

Pros

You will definitely learn who you are and what your capable of, also have a chance to travel and see things you never thought you would. The technology is top notch at SLB, probably my favorite trait of the company.

Cons

Thing working for a big company is great? Wrong, your just another number. You work for a company that always tries to instill values and make you a model employee. But, when it comes time for a raise or promotion, forget it. They're all talk. I made the lowest pay out of my friends straight out of college, still holds true today.

Learn where the value is in the company. Maybe focus on something bigger than saving money,getting your pip for meeting your objectives.

There are newer employer reviews for Schlumberger