There are newer employer reviews for Schneider Electric

Very isolated and bureaucratic

Former Contractor - Software Developer in Victoria, BC (Canada)
Former Contractor - Software Developer in Victoria, BC (Canada)

I worked at Schneider Electric as a contractor (more than a year)

Pros

Large international company may look good on your resume. Good if you want exposure to a vast company with rigid processes and flat budgets. Good if you need to work for a few months without commitment. Permanent employees can transfer to other offices around the world.

Cons

Entire IT infrastructure is locked down. Very bureaucratic, with lots of politics. Employees and managers have a difficult time deviating outside of long-established protocols and routines, which means you tend to use old tools, old computers, and old processes, and things can take a long time to get done. I worked as a contractor, with continual hints that I could get hired as a permanent employee. Many of the staff in the Saanichton offices were on contract, but in the year that I was there, no contractors were hired. There are some big egos in the Victoria offices, too, which I think comes a the small-town company being bought out by a transnational goliath. The offices are located in the distant Victoria suburbs, and isolated from the rest of town. The Bertram Place office has a truck repair shop next door, which regularly pumps diesel fumes into the Schneider air conditioning system. Unpleasant washroom facilities, and frequent network and power outages.

Advice to Management

Don't put such a stranglehold on technology and processes. Move the office closer to Victoria. Be more open and accepting of employees bringing new ideas (and technology) in from outside. Hire permanent employees, don't contract everything out. I think the constant contract renewals made a negative impact to morale.

reviews filtered by
  1. Schneider Electric

I worked at Schneider Electric full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great work/life balance. Great benefits, Great compensation

Cons

Politics, Attention to detail, Product innovation

Advice to Management

The devils in the details

2. Employer of Choice

Former Employee - Senior Manager Marketing Communications
    Former Employee - Senior Manager Marketing Communications

I worked at Schneider Electric full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

1) Very focused management
    2) Friendly work atmosphere wherein the top management is always ready to discuss with anybody in the company irrespective of designations....
    3) Employee friendly policies
    4) Very transparent processes

Cons

At times becomes political, otherwise perfect

Advice to Management

Politics can be deadly for any company....SEI is home...don't let anyone destroy it!

There are newer employer reviews for Schneider Electric