There are newer employer reviews for Schneider Electric

Very good company to work for.

Current Employee - Principal Software Engineer in North Andover, MA
Current Employee - Principal Software Engineer in North Andover, MA

I have been working at Schneider Electric full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've read several of the reviews here, both pro and con and I can certainly see the view points of both sides. Pros are certainly decent pay and benefits, work/life balance, culture, career growth and mobility, etc. The cons tend to come from those that were unfortunately on the bad side of an acquisition. Truth is, most people stay at Schneider for a long time and that does say something.

Cons

As with most large companies that grow through acquisition, consolidation of people, systems, methodologies and even cultures can be difficult and fiefdoms abound. Navigating those waters can be a challenge and patience is required.

Advice to Management

Lotus Notes, really? And how many collaboration programs and platforms do we have? Some things really do need to be consolidated; and not internally!

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Way too big and corporate. Once it went from SE owned and TAC operated to SE owned and operated it was time to leave.

Former Employee - Engineer in Carrollton, TX
    Former Employee - Engineer in Carrollton, TX

I worked at Schneider Electric full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great people. TAC prided itself on hiring great people. The group of people I worked with were from the original TAC organization. While TAC was SE owned when I started working there it was at least still allowed to operate independently.

Cons

Once SE took over operations it became big company.....all about maximizing profits and minimizing expenses. You were just another number on paper. Promotions become nonexistent and when you did get one it wasn't even enough to cover inflation over the years since your last one. The value of the people was tossed out the window by SE.

Numerous opportunities in a company that shares family values

Current Employee - Program Manager in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Program Manager in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Schneider Electric full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Schneider is big on moving people around, if that is what they want. There are numerous opportunities in the company, both domestic and international. Schneider promotes working at home, career growth and treats their employees as valueable assets.

Cons

Like most large companies, process and politics can sometimes be a challenge but management allows debate and counter points of view.

Advice to Management

Continue to listen to your employees, maintain your family/work life balance policy and continue to promote from within when possible