There are newer employer reviews for Schneider Electric

Overworked and Overlooked, but Optimistic

Current Employee - Marketing Communications Manager
Current Employee - Marketing Communications Manager

I have been working at Schneider Electric full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I'm never bored at work, and have lots of opportunities to learn new skills and meet new people. I'm proud of the company's "energy access" and sustainable development programs, its focus on green products, and its leading edge energy management software and solutions.

Cons

I and many of my colleagues are paid less than we should be -- some of us considerably less. Everyone I know loves our CEO, but the executives under him are often unpredictable, unreasonable and unkind.

Advice to Management

Reevaluate your approach to identifying and retaining talented employees. The attitude seems to be, "If you think you're worth more, prove it by getting another job offer." The reality is that nobody I work with would go out and get a competing offer just to negotiate a higher salary. If we get a better offer, we're gone.

reviews filtered by
  1. Way too big and corporate. Once it went from SE owned and TAC operated to SE owned and operated it was time to leave.

Former Employee - Engineer in Carrollton, TX
    Former Employee - Engineer in Carrollton, TX

I worked at Schneider Electric full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great people. TAC prided itself on hiring great people. The group of people I worked with were from the original TAC organization. While TAC was SE owned when I started working there it was at least still allowed to operate independently.

Cons

Once SE took over operations it became big company.....all about maximizing profits and minimizing expenses. You were just another number on paper. Promotions become nonexistent and when you did get one it wasn't even enough to cover inflation over the years since your last one. The value of the people was tossed out the window by SE.

2. Generally good people. Definitely not a hyper competative US company

I have been working at Schneider Electric

Pros

Good people. Nice market space.

Cons

Behind the tech curve. Non competative pay. Big company with slow disconnected processes. Company not well known to the general US market.

Advice to Management

More assertive actions plans and true accountability to missed targets.

There are newer employer reviews for Schneider Electric