There are newer employer reviews for Schneider Electric

Bright future, glad to be part of the journey

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Schneider Electric

Pros

Internal mobility permitting movement between departments and teams; great benefits and good salary; high growth industry with a lot of future potential; visionary leadership with ambitious goals; training and development opportunity for those who take ownership of their own learning

Cons

Growing pains from such quick, large-scale expansion; processes and getting required approvals can weight things down and make it difficult to do things as quickly as needed; executive leaders have great vision, but are not always able to communicate that clearly and easily to all employees--this leaves some completely unaware and others completely on-board, a recipe for miscommunication and dissatisfied employees

Maintain open, honest and clear communication; Don't rely on others to cascade information down if it's important, or do it in a way that makes sense; Keep those visionary goals! We love working here and we want to see this company excel; continue to focus on the employees, offering training, development and rewards--we are working hard, recognize that!

reviews filtered by

So many changes going on with Schneider Electric. I am actually glad that I am no longer employed by them.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palatine, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palatine, IL

I worked at Schneider Electric

Pros

Work Life Balance and Flexible hours

Cons

Moving many jobs to Mexico. The company is making so many changes at the same time that right now everything is so disorganized and employee morale is pretty low. I would wait another year or two before considering this company.

When working on major changes, complete one before starting another. Keep jobs in the United States. You would think since your one of the most trusted names in the electrical distribution industry, that you could make a stand and be a "made in the U.S. company". You could use this to your advantage and take business away from the other suppliers that are making products in other countries.

I don't even know where to start!

Former Employee - Services Sales Executive in Parsippany, NJ
    Former Employee - Services Sales Executive in Parsippany, NJ

I worked at Schneider Electric

Pros

Money was ok, they pretty much leave you alone to run your own territory. Fairly good service reps although most are pretty green. The product quality is still fairly good, but slipping fast. Alot of recall issues, not a great product line for a services salesperson. Coming from the manufacturing world I couldn't believe the number of salespeople they have for thier standard product when everything is sold through distribution anyway? The long-term Square D folks >20years were
    professional and technically competent.

Cons

Lack of inside support, lack of managerial support, lack of technical sales talent. This job never ended as they added more and more territory and made up product to your work load with absolutely no management support. Management is too busy looking over thier shoulder up the chain to care about the average employee. Specifically in NJ/NY the management was terrible. Constant struggle to get inside people to follow rules made up by management as you go. Always be prepared to leave this company as they lie to get you in and drop you in a heartbeat if it doesn't fit managements mold. I saw so many people come and go and come back, I got the feeling they really had no idea of what they were doing. Covered probably the largest territory for services for 5 years without a thanks, only what have you done for me lately. Too bad the French had to go and mess up such a good brand.
    Everything is "by Schneider", Square D, APC etc..
    Tough to sell services when they really only have one or two products. The rest is all sub to an aquisition company and passthrough to make the services $$ look bloated and like actual growth.

To senior management, listen to both sides of the story before you jump to decisions.
    To middle management listlen period.
    To anyone looking to join this company, have a 3-5 year plan to get out.

There are newer employer reviews for Schneider Electric