There are newer employer reviews for Schneider

for such a large company, why cant they pay their employees better

Current Employee - General Mechanic in Atlanta, GA
Current Employee - General Mechanic in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Schneider full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

It's a large company with many different positions available. Also, schneider is a stable company that most likely will never go out of business.

Cons

If they could see you as a person and see what you actually do every day and pay you for what you actually do, the morale would be a lot better. I dont want to quit working for them, but since I can go right down the street and make a lot more money it's kinda hard to stay.

217 Other Employee Reviews for Schneider (View Most Recent)

As a truck loader / unloader you will work harder for each dollar you earn than any job you have or will ever have.

Current Employee - Truck Loader/Unloader in Elwood, IL
    Current Employee - Truck Loader/Unloader in Elwood, IL

I have been working at Schneider full-time (less than an year)

Pros

They have a very nice work schedule at least i did. I worked mon thru thurs 7am to 6pm, sometimes longer. as of july/2012 the job pays 13.50. stick around long enough and you will have a career, u'll wonder if it was worth it, but you will have a career. what you learned about mexicans being hard workers, you will find out is very true.

Cons

they will offer you to go home early alot because them hire to many people and buisness slow. During blitz season you will be loading trucks for 12 hours at a time and for 12 + hours at a time. There will be times when you are slaving to the point where you are dizzy and all the manager(s) are sitting up at the shipping desk, which is an elevated position so they can see you, relaxing having a good time even. YOU WILL BURN MORE CALORIES YOU DONT EVEN HAVE! I can only speak for the elwood illinois location. Deutschbag area managers. Go ahead and try it but keep looking for other jobs at the same time. Dont work too hard or they will take advantage of you and get on your ass if you start to slow down. Job feels like a punishment. They did have a third warhouse in elwood,IL but schneider was exploiting hard working all mexican work crews to load trailers for minimum wage. Mexicans got together and sued schnieder and as a result schnieder lost one of their 3 huge warehouses in their schnieder location. Dont do the job unless you like working strenuously for long period at a time. oh and 50 cent raises every 6 months is not true. only 1 dollar every year. doesnt add up either if you do the math.

your loaders give their 100% and more every day like they're in boot camp... pay them at 15 an hour and the turn overrate wont go up it will drop. I understand why you run the place like you do. may give on building for loaders who only want to work 6 hours at a time and the other for loaders who want 12 hours at a time. IDK just an idea. Hand out vitamin B and pain killers. Lower your cases per hour required for each loader because you know you are still making a killing with the profit margins ... you know you are. Dont be afraid to climb down out of your office and load a trailer once in a while, watch how much respect the loaders will have for you.

They haven't pissed me off enough to make me leave.

Current Employee - Regional Inter-modal in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Regional Inter-modal in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Schneider full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Stable company, with many job opportunities for all education levels.

Cons

For drivers home time is limited. The standard for system drivers is out 2 weeks. There are other driving opportunities but they can take time to get into. Management is up or out, if you can't get to the next level you won't be around much longer.

The integrity of your company is terrible.

There are newer employer reviews for Schneider