There are newer employer reviews for Schneider

Good Company but room for improvement

Former Employee - Undisclosed in Green Bay, WI
Former Employee - Undisclosed in Green Bay, WI

I worked at Schneider full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good Career opportunities. I was fortunate to have been connected to several supportive mentors to help me prepare for future opportunities within the company.

Cons

Some "old-school" management principles held by the majority of management are holding the company back.

Continue career growth efforts at the employee level and open yourself up to telecommuting options for your employees.

reviews filtered by

Worst Manager I've Ever Had!!!

Former Employee - Driver Business Leader in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Driver Business Leader in Dallas, TX

I worked at Schneider full-time (more than a year)

Pros

After having this job, everything else I will do seems easy! Easy to network with individuals across the company.

Cons

Huge work load, poor management and support at Dallas OC, no work/life balance, accountabilities include things that you can't control, requests are never followed up with, Oracle based software is not user friendly, no one that works in the division cares about anything but themselves (not a team environment)

Fire all management at the Dallas, TX division and get someone that actually can lead people. OM has a bad attitude/hard to get along with and will never step in to assist when short staffed; DM lacks knowledge on the software and never keeps his word on anything.

New employee with mixed feelings

Current Employee - Truck Driver in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Truck Driver in Houston, TX

I have been working at Schneider full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I will have to say first of all that I am a new employee driving for less than a month. Flexible about giving you requested days off. Potential for great earnings but you have to be willing to stay over the road for awhile. Very good about fixing problems (repairs) as they occur. They do not push you to make eta's.

Cons

The current truck that I am in is a piece of junk and there seem to be a lot of them like mine on the road. Hard to reach anyone after 5 in the evening and almost impossible to reach anyone on the weekends. You have to watch your paycheck, they make errors. This is trucking and they will send you just about anywhere and it is hard to get out of an assignment without really good cause. Training in my opinion was not adequate.

There are newer employer reviews for Schneider