Schneider

www.schneiderjobs.com
  www.schneiderjobs.com
There are newer employer reviews for Schneider

SNI is now on a down hill slide

Current Employee - Truck Driver in Syracuse, NY
Current Employee - Truck Driver in Syracuse, NY

I have been working at Schneider full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Has lots of freight, has been up grading equipment.

Cons

New work flow program,pushing envelop HOS,quality home time,poor benefits , ie no sick ,personal or holiday pay.

Management has a complete disconnect with Drivers.Need to have people who recognize and realize the difference. Fair balance

236 Other Employee Reviews for Schneider (View Most Recent)

Great place to get hands on experience with transporation

Current Employee - Driver Business Leader
    Current Employee - Driver Business Leader

I have been working at Schneider full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

HR is extremely fair and I have never felt cheated or that I have been treated unfairly.
    Leadership is grounded and understands challenges faced by drivers and office employees.

Cons

Hours can be stressful to ensure proper driver support.
    OTM can be hard to learn and be time consuming for the learning curve
    High pressure environment for performance.

Invest more in employee development and growth

Great start... Unbelievable finish.

Former Employee - Driver Business Leader in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Driver Business Leader in Houston, TX

I worked at Schneider full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Good pay based on experience, good overall benefits package, multiple locations and possible roles.

Cons

My first few years in management with SNBC were great. I worked on a great team, under a superb leader and mentor, and was well respected for my contribution to the team. Then I moved under different leadership to another location and suddenly my future was threatened. I was subject to daily intimidation tactics, and bait and switch expectations. Corp leadership refused to acknowledge the evidence of this failed leader’s threatening ways and just turned their backs. They allowed the team to lose multiple good leaders back to back (2010 through 2012) and never once cared to intercede, support the team, and stop the turnover of years of skills, talent, and results-backed management experience.

Pull your heads out of the frozen tundra sometimes. If you have associates with years of service who suddenly become issues, look at the ‘big picture’ for reasons. If the associate was effective for years and now suddenly there are issues, maybe the leader reporting the issues is not the right one for this individual/team? Admit when you've made a mistake (i.e., leadership choice for a team). Then correct that mistake in a respectful and timely manner before you lose the synergy of a great team. Be open to suggestions by associates at every level. Listen to your team AND your conscience, not just your business acumen.

There are newer employer reviews for Schneider