Schneider
www.schneiderjobs.com Green Bay, WI 5000+ Employees

Good people

Company Driver Inter-modal (Current Employee)
Chicago, IL

ProsChicago Intermodal Fleet. People are always willing to help. Pay is decent for a newer drive starting at $0.34 (+0.07 performance pay based on safety metrics). Weekly paychecks will be about 700-1000 for regional drivers who are just starting.

ConsParking lot and Operating Center gravel lots are like land mine craters...drive slow. Much older trucks in this fleet...dented and banged up from years 2006- present of use and intermodal close quarters incidents. Newer truck coming in by end of summer 2013- they look like they do not have in-cab a/c which would mean that the truck will need to be idled in the summertime if a/c is needed while you sleep which can count against performance metrics.
COMMUNICATE TROUGH THE QUALLCOMM MESSAGE FEATURE. It helps you as the driver have proof of what you are doing or need in writing. If calling into your leader first send a msg on th QUALLCOMM and follow up by phone (avg hold time is 15min)

Advice to Senior ManagementStop laughing and talking to each other while I stand in the office with my cell phone on hold in your call que trying to see why it takes so long before someone answers the phone. I have done this each time I've come into the office to scan paperwork.

Cool

Truck Driver (Current Employee)
    Chicago, IL

I have been working at Schneider full-time for more than a year

Pros: In-cab a/c,nice people,good pay if youre just starting out as… Cons: Old trucks,dispatch puts you on hold 15 minutes or more Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Disrespect

Truck Rail Driver (Former Employee)
    Marion, OH

I worked at Schneider full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Stable income at a powerful company Cons: The company treats people with disrespect while pretending to care about them. Customers in this industry also treat people with disrespect. The company… Advice to Senior Management: Purge management at all levels and rehire people who care. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Schneider.

Worked for Schneider? Contribute to the Community!

Schneider – Why Work for Us?

Schneider delivers. Schneider hauls freight and lots of it. In fact, our drivers move nearly 11,000 loads each day. We carry merchandise and materials for two-thirds of the Fortune 500 companies — meaning we have a… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Schneider reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Schneider CEO Chris Lofgren. All reviews posted anonymously by Schneider employees.