There are newer employer reviews for Schneider

Overall, a fairly decent company.

Current Employee - OTR Truck Driver in Nashville, TN
Current Employee - OTR Truck Driver in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Schneider full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

1) In my position, I get better than average home time of an OTR truck driver. 2) Above average wages. 3) Late model equipment. 4) Computerized logging. 5) 24 hr. Driver assoc. support.

Cons

1) Expensive lackluster healthcare. 2) New "onguard" tech. unreliable and aggravating. 3) Maintenance can cause costly delays. 4) Once driver reaches senior level, no room for advancement or pay raise.

Advice to Management

Consider taking senior drivers to new levels of career advancement and better pay for years of service.

Other Employee Reviews for Schneider

Good people

Current Employee - Company Driver Inter-modal in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Company Driver Inter-modal in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Schneider full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Chicago Intermodal Fleet. People are always willing to help. Pay is decent for a newer drive starting at $0.34 (+0.07 performance pay based on safety metrics). Weekly paychecks will be about 700-1000 for regional drivers who are just starting.

Cons

Parking lot and Operating Center gravel lots are like land mine craters...drive slow. Much older trucks in this fleet...dented and banged up from years 2006- present of use and intermodal close quarters incidents. Newer truck coming in by end of summer 2013- they look like they do not have in-cab a/c which would mean that the truck will need to be idled in the summertime if a/c is needed while you sleep which can count against performance metrics. COMMUNICATE TROUGH THE QUALLCOMM MESSAGE FEATURE. It helps you as the driver have proof of what you are doing or need in writing. If calling into your leader first send a msg on th QUALLCOMM and follow up by phone (avg hold time is 15min)

Advice to Management

Stop laughing and talking to each other while I stand in the office with my cell phone on hold in your call que trying to see why it takes so long before someone answers the phone. I have done this each time I've come into the office to scan paperwork.

2. Cool

Current Employee - Truck Driver in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Truck Driver in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Schneider full-time (More than a year)

Pros

In-cab a/c,nice people,good pay if youre just starting out as driver!

Cons

Old trucks,dispatch puts you on hold 15 minutes or more