Above Average

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Green Bay, WI
Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Green Bay, WI

I have been working at Schneider full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I work at the corporate center as a customer service rep for intermodal, and there are a lot of good people who care heavily about what they do. Lots of room for advancement/inter-office department transferirng. New computer systems bring a good deal of visibility to the average user, makes the job easier and more accurate.

Cons

1st shift in particular has a high level of stress, i've heard stories of people who go home and cry after work. Everyone seems to think that their freight is the most important, so there can be serious issues that arise if driver capacity becomes a problem. All departments seem to be understaffed, which leads to long hold times and over worked employees, as well as mandatory over time and customer freight that gets "lost in the system" (missed pickup or deliveries that sit for a week or more).

Advice to Management

Your lowest level staff is amazing, and that needs to be noticed. Some of your middle management is atrocious and don't know the new systems or (terrifyingly) what their employees actually do in some respects. In my particular area, projects are often started, and then forgotten or given up on, management calls for meetings or training sittings, and then ignore them, only to be confused and outraged when the problems don't get solved. I think many departments need a good overhaul, they aren't evolving with the rest of the company. Management is the biggest issue for SNI, in my humble opinion. Oh, and take better care of our drivers. They are the ones that move our company forward.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. not too bad

I have been working at Schneider full-time

Pros

the work place isn't too bad

Cons

could have better management on the floor.

Advice to Management

listen to the people working in the environment.

Overall, a fairly decent company.

Current Employee - OTR Truck Driver in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - OTR Truck Driver in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Schneider full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

1) In my position, I get better than average home time of an OTR truck driver. 2) Above average wages. 3) Late model equipment. 4) Computerized logging. 5) 24 hr. Driver assoc. support.

Cons

1) Expensive lackluster healthcare. 2) New "onguard" tech. unreliable and aggravating. 3) Maintenance can cause costly delays. 4) Once driver reaches senior level, no room for advancement or pay raise.

Advice to Management

Consider taking senior drivers to new levels of career advancement and better pay for years of service.