Good company to learn the ropes of the transportation industry

Current Employee - Company Driver  in  Stockton, CA
Current Employee - Company Driver in Stockton, CA

I have been working at Schneider part-time for less than a year

Pros

Excellent training, solid equipment, and good employees. You will learn how to be a safe and efficient driver. Lots of challenging work assignments.

Cons

when freight is slow, you wait.

Continue to upgrade technology and equipment. Value your employees and focus on the root of good business -- communication at all levels

Other Reviews for Schneider

Above Average

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Green Bay, WI
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Green Bay, WI

I have been working at Schneider full-time for more than a year

Pros

I work at the corporate center as a customer service rep for intermodal, and there are a lot of good people who care heavily about what they do.
    Lots of room for advancement/inter-office department transferirng.
    New computer systems bring a good deal of visibility to the average user, makes the job easier and more accurate.

Cons

1st shift in particular has a high level of stress, i've heard stories of people who go home and cry after work. Everyone seems to think that their freight is the most important, so there can be serious issues that arise if driver capacity becomes a problem.
    All departments seem to be understaffed, which leads to long hold times and over worked employees, as well as mandatory over time and customer freight that gets "lost in the system" (missed pickup or deliveries that sit for a week or more).

Your lowest level staff is amazing, and that needs to be noticed. Some of your middle management is atrocious and don't know the new systems or (terrifyingly) what their employees actually do in some respects. In my particular area, projects are often started, and then forgotten or given up on, management calls for meetings or training sittings, and then ignore them, only to be confused and outraged when the problems don't get solved. I think many departments need a good overhaul, they aren't evolving with the rest of the company. Management is the biggest issue for SNI, in my humble opinion.

Oh, and take better care of our drivers. They are the ones that move our company forward.

not too bad

I have been working at Schneider full-time

Pros

the work place isn't too bad

Cons

could have better management on the floor.

listen to the people working in the environment.

There are newer employer reviews for Schneider.

Worked for Schneider? Contribute to the Community!