Schneider

www.schneiderjobs.com
  www.schneiderjobs.com
There are newer employer reviews for Schneider

I had a great experience at Schneider, a long career there

Former Employee - Operations Manager in Chicago, IL
Former Employee - Operations Manager in Chicago, IL

I worked at Schneider full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Culture, stability, growing business, many opportunities

Cons

I have no cons to share at this time

No advice at this time

236 Other Employee Reviews for Schneider (View Most Recent)

Good opportunity if you are qualified

Former Employee - Truck Driver
    Former Employee - Truck Driver

I worked at Schneider full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Reliable employer, roadside assistance, bonus pay. They have many company hubs where you can refuel, shower, and park to take your break.

Cons

You are bound by a one year contract, which they will abuse by giving you shorter trips that do not pay as well.

Ok company to start. Not great for a finish.

Former Employee - Manager in Green Bay, WI
    Former Employee - Manager in Green Bay, WI

I worked at Schneider full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Some good people have stayed and have not left yet. A lot of opportunities to advance or move around if you are working in Green Bay or willing to relocate to Green Bay.The corporate center is very nice.

Cons

High turnover rate of both leaders and drivers. Not a whole lot of opportunity to advance if you are in the field, unless you are willing to relocate. I have never worked for a company before where I have seen so many well paid leaders give notice and resign. Pretty scary feeling when you think about which employer you would like to remain for retirement.

For the drivers, they have the strangest quarterly bonus program. Out of route has to be less than 2% and not a lot of clear answers in this area. A lot of grey area. If your out of route is 2.5%, there is a great chance as a driver you will not make bonus. Every driver has a scorecard for performance in areas such as out of route, safety and a couple more areas. This bonus program is extremely complicated. It almost feels like you are looking at a drivers report card in high school. No over exaggeration when I say this.

A lot of potential. A lot of people are quitting their leaders here, not their jobs.

There are newer employer reviews for Schneider