Schneider

www.schneiderjobs.com
  www.schneiderjobs.com
There are newer employer reviews for Schneider

A great place to work

I have been working at Schneider full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Career advancement opportunities are plentiful

Cons

not perfect but overall a great place

236 Other Employee Reviews for Schneider (View Most Recent)

"AS LONG AS ITS NOT TAKING AWAY MONEY FROM SCHNEIDER'S POCKETS NOTHING ELSE MATTERS."

Current Employee - Truck Driver in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Truck Driver in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Schneider full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I was lucky enough to get a Newer model Tractor (2011 FRIEGHTLINER). Most of the terminals were pretty decent (the other half your better off finding a truck stop). Allot of Taining, Safty Training which is always good. I was able to pick my days off for each month.My days off were honored for the most.

Cons

The other 6 classmate weren't so lucky, they got 2002-2005 FRIEGHTLINERs. They complained every day about something not working on the older model trucks. The tanker trailers are old, dirty, rusted, dented and parts falling off. You have to work there 1year to get 7days paid (Gross $500 for 7 days) Vacation. The benefits are horrible they have their own insurance which most people Opt-Out. They have allot of sensors in the tractors that tells them instantly if your over speeding (3 mph over the governer speed which is 59mph ) if you turn fast or brake too hard; they call these "Critical Event". If you recieve too many "Critical Event" in 30day period thats grounds for termination. Theres allot of micro management. The Estimated Salary for the year was a LIE!!!. Im Regional driver and I made little over $30000 annual. My classmate drove over the road (OTR) he made $35000 in one year. I average 1000-1500 miles per week. I was told by Schneider i would avg 2000-2500 miles per week; "Thats a Lie!!!" BONUS thats a Myth! "Bonuses" are give every Quarter/3months ($400-600). There are so many things that you as a driver can and will do to prevent you from getting that "Bonus". Ive yet met a driver from Schneider that recieved a "Bonus". Schneider has a High Turn Over Rate. The instructor at Schneider told us out of the class of 7, only 1 will remain with this company a year from now; And he was Right!!!. I work 12-14 hours 7days a week, away from my families, sleeping in a truck, transport Hazardous Chemicals, driving a vehicle that weigh 78000lbs in all types of weather for $400-$600 pay check every week!!!??. I did my One Year. This is my last week. Dueces!!!

ALL THESE BIG COMPANIES ARE THE SAME. FIND A SMALL FAMILY OWNED COMPANY. EVENTUALLY BUY YOUR OWN TRUCK AND BE YOUR OWN BOSS. DO NOT SIGN UP FOR THE LEASE TO OWN PROGRAM AND GET TRAPPED IN A BINDING CONTRACT FOR 5 YEARS.

Value your Drivers. We are the ones bringing in the "milk and honey" for Schneider National. The Pay is horrible. Its 2014 truck driver's have a life after we park Schneider's trucks. We can't sustain our families and bills with $400-$600 pay check. I spoke with several other Schneider drivers and they complain every week about not been able to make ends meet; because we are under paid. We are out there putting our lives and others on the line for "peanut money". These reviews will reach the eyes of many. Schneider Management fix these problems that currently exist and stop ignoring us.

Sales Account Executive

I have been working at Schneider

Pros

young work environment, great location downtown and flexible hours

Cons

day got to be somewhat repetitive of making around 100 cold calls each day, not much chance for advancement

Hire managers that are knowledgable and smart, don't just promote successful account executives

There are newer employer reviews for Schneider