Schnitzer Steel

www.schnitzersteel.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Schnitzer Steel

Do I have to give them one star?

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

I worked at Schnitzer Steel full-time (more than a year)

Pros

They will spend a ton of money to relocate you from far away because nobody local who knows about them wants to work for them.

Cons

Once you get there you will deal with the kind of garbage almost every reviewer has reported. I worked there for more than a year and should have received combat pay for what I endured.

You are beyond help.

57 Other Employee Reviews for Schnitzer Steel (View Most Recent)

The worst work-related mistake of my life

I worked at Schnitzer Steel full-time

Pros

There are no good things about this company. They hire you with a simple job description and then keep adding pressure to perform more and more.

Cons

I was hired at one level of workload that was then upped over 150% within a year without a pay raise for it. No support from management because they were the ones with the whip. They also try to make you fake being happy when the upper management comes through.

Get rid of the dragon managers.

Think Twice about working in this toxic work environment

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

I have been working at Schnitzer Steel full-time

Pros

Good name to have on a resume. Okay location. Friendly receptionist. Volunteer work is encouraged by leadership

Cons

Top heavy organization that looks down, way down on their employees under $100k. Salaries above that level are treated as humans. The rest of the population are used and squeezed of every last drop of life. Fear tactics cause an uneasy tension and a thick air of uncertainty. The results are passive aggressive behaviors among the underpaid. Suggestion: think twice before you interview with this unstable and emotionally toxic company. Expect to be promised things that you will not receive. Expect to be treated in ways you would never expect...

Get honest with yourselves! In the entire scheme of the universe, you are not that important and YOU are not worth your exorbitant salaries..TO THE BOARD OF DINOSAURS: Like Mr. Potter in the movie, "It's a wonderful life." As crooked as you are, your employees will find a way succeed no matter how much you steal from them.

There are newer employer reviews for Schnitzer Steel