Schnitzer Steel

www.schnitzersteel.com

Prehistoric Company with a Prehistoric Mentality

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Portland, OR

ProsThe company has gone through huge growth in the past 5 years with has been pretty good for investors and executives. There are some really amazing people who try to make the most out of what is handed to them and those who have been with the company a long time seem very loyal.

ConsThere is very little growth or opportunity for promotion. Many decisions are made without the understanding of how it impacts their employees. Tight and unrealistic deadlines keep the machine moving but it becomes very stagnant. There is no sense of innovation or creativity in all aspects of the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementLook at the amount of work you ask of your employees. It is impossible to expect employees to perform more work they did 2 years ago with half the amount of resources. Work on collaboration and streamlining the different business units. It is unrealistic to keep allowing each acquisitioned company act as its own entity with its own rules.

Schnitzer steel bends and snaps under pressure

Manager of Operations (Former Employee) Portland, OR

I worked at Schnitzer Steel

Pros: I have been in the industry for 20 years and thought they were… Cons: They make a lot of promises and do not keep them, they are at will company, … Advice to Senior Management: Get real training in the real world and not feed… More

look for other options

I have been working at Schnitzer Steel full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: we have good benefits, decent salary Cons: absolutely no structure, spend tons of money on outside consultants, no… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Schnitzer Steel.

Worked for Schnitzer Steel? Contribute to the Community!