Another Daily grind

Current Employee - Store Clerk in Belleville, IL
Current Employee - Store Clerk in Belleville, IL

Pros

The company offers really good health benefits given what else is being offered these days. They are usually good about giving time off and will work around school schedules. They understand that you make mistakes and will work with you.

Cons

The opportunities to advance in the company are really slim in many markets. They are moving to the do-everything in one shift mentality to save money. You could work 3-4 departments a day and feel like you get nothing accomplished. I really want to get somewhere in the company but I feel like the door is closing on me.

Advice to Management

Management needs to start rewarding and appreciate the hard-working employees or risk watering down their workforce to older adults who won't retire and high school age kids that are there for spending money. There is still a lot of potential here and I would like to help out if given the chance.

Other Employee Reviews for Schnuck Markets

1. Great people who work there are the ones overlooked...

Current Employee - Assistant General Merchandise Manager in Alton, IL
    Current Employee - Assistant General Merchandise Manager in Alton, IL

Pros

Schnucks has very good health insurance. There is great customer loyality. It is a good place to start out in grocery.

Cons

The corporate demands being put on the stores are just about unachievable and they continue to add to the work load and cut hours. The store morale is very low because of these demands. I work in several departments and can be called away at any time to check, bag, work in floral or bakery and still finish my job.

Advice to Management

They need to promote younger workers or they will leave( I have worked here 6 years and cannot attain a full time position). They need to do some restructuring at the corporate office no one ever seems to know whats going on.

2. Very busy hard work

Former Employee - Service Center in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Service Center in Saint Louis, MO

Pros

Meet new peolple all the time

Cons

Long night hours and weekends

Advice to Management

Work with employeesd not against