Tough program that pushes you to your limits, while allowing a ton of learning opportunities

I worked at Scholars At Your Service full-time for less than a year

Pros

It is a great chance to get a feel of what it's like to run your own small business; learn a lot about sales; managing production; paint tech; seeking, interviewing, hiring, training and managing employees; meet a lot of nice and not so nice clients; make good money; improve confidence

Cons

training for managing a job site is poor; most focus is on sales training so that you sell as much jobs as possible; producing work is overlooked; hiring good people is tough and the company does not provide good training in this area

Rely only on yourself, nothing will happen if you don't work hard to get it; use the support network, peers, GMs, suppliers, your family, as much as you can; DO NOT GIVE UP, there is always another day!

Other Reviews for Scholars At Your Service

If you think you have what it takes then go for it

I worked at Scholars At Your Service full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great learning experience if you're looking to push yourself. Improves your sales ability, and you get good experience managing client relationships as well as managing and motivating your own employees. Overall, it's an experience you'll be proud that you did. Good lump at the end of the year if you've run a decent sized business.

Cons

The marketing gets tough. You need strong willpower and perseverance to get through the pre season, and you have to pay marketers out of your pocket. Be sure to track this expense closely and adjust your pricing. Coaching is good but as they grow it gets less personal. Production training isn't good enough, a lot of managers get overwhelmed and have painters quit. AND THE ROYALTIES ARE TOO MUCH. Not warranted with the level of coaching provided.

Better training. Assist every manager in their first marketing session. Develop a better system for leads and marketing payment for managers to follow so that less of them end up losing money. Need modules and spreadsheets on profitability tracking for managers to follow. Lower royalties

Working for free isn't work.

Former Employee - Marketer  in  Ottawa, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Marketer in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

I worked at Scholars At Your Service part-time for less than a year

Pros

Fresh air
    Exercise
    The ability to spot a pyramid scheme the next time around

Cons

It's a joke, I don't even know if it's a real company. I was asked initally to do marketing. I never filled out any paperwork, they never even asked for a sin number. I have not received any remuneration for the marketing work I did, which was essentially just going door to door.

The way it works as it was described to me over the phone. Essentially you go door to door and fo every lead you get you will receive $10.00. Then the story changed to, every lead that books their painting services. How would I, the humble front line marketer know which leades actually book their services? Well, I'm sure they'd tell me right? I mean, what would an organization that doesn't even pay minimum wage have to gain by having young stupid people work for free? Oh right, zero overhead. Even if they actually paid $10.00 per lead, their costs are fixed, yours however, you know, gas or bussing, having to eat on occasion, well, that's your problem.

I would contemplate small claims court, however I have no evidence I even worked for the company other than some text messages. I was never contacted by an HR department, as far as I know the company owes me aproximately $70.00 for my work but again, the individual could just say "oh those leads, yeah they didn't pan out" and pay me nothing.

Is there management? I didn't see any..

There are newer employer reviews for Scholars At Your Service.

Worked for Scholars At Your Service? Contribute to the Community!