Scholars At Your Service

www.scholarsatyourservice.com
  www.scholarsatyourservice.com
There are newer employer reviews for Scholars At Your Service

If you think you have what it takes then go for it

Former Employee - Franchise Manager
Former Employee - Franchise Manager

I worked at Scholars At Your Service full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great learning experience if you're looking to push yourself. Improves your sales ability, and you get good experience managing client relationships as well as managing and motivating your own employees. Overall, it's an experience you'll be proud that you did. Good lump at the end of the year if you've run a decent sized business.

Cons

The marketing gets tough. You need strong willpower and perseverance to get through the pre season, and you have to pay marketers out of your pocket. Be sure to track this expense closely and adjust your pricing. Coaching is good but as they grow it gets less personal. Production training isn't good enough, a lot of managers get overwhelmed and have painters quit. AND THE ROYALTIES ARE TOO MUCH. Not warranted with the level of coaching provided.

Better training. Assist every manager in their first marketing session. Develop a better system for leads and marketing payment for managers to follow so that less of them end up losing money. Need modules and spreadsheets on profitability tracking for managers to follow. Lower royalties

5 Other Employee Reviews for Scholars At Your Service (View Most Recent)

TOTAL SCAM-being a painter and they scam the governement.

Current Employee - Painter in Montreal, QC (Canada)
    Current Employee - Painter in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I have been working at Scholars At Your Service as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Working outside...friendly staff. And thats about it.

Cons

You are not well paid----from 10,25 to 12$ an hour, but they make over 50$ an hour with you...
    They always estimate less hours then you need...you can work 20 hours on a proect but they said they'll pay you 14 because they didin't estimate well and will not pay you the difference. They promise you over 40 hours a week all summer and you do only 30 on average ( and paid on average 20)
    They take half a million years to pay you: if you do a normal job your manager will NOT pay you until the customer pays...LEGALLY THEY HAVE to pay you. You did your job you are NOT responsible for the costumers whining. DO NOT accept doing any waranty jobs...they don't tell you but they will Sends you a check without pay stub...so If anything hapened to me while doing the job I woudn't have had any proof and would NOT have been insured. and they take over a month to pay you the waranty jobs.

I WILL sue you.

Working for free isn't work.

Former Employee - Marketer in Ottawa, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Marketer in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

I worked at Scholars At Your Service part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Fresh air
    Exercise
    The ability to spot a pyramid scheme the next time around

Cons

It's a joke, I don't even know if it's a real company. I was asked initally to do marketing. I never filled out any paperwork, they never even asked for a sin number. I have not received any remuneration for the marketing work I did, which was essentially just going door to door.

The way it works as it was described to me over the phone. Essentially you go door to door and fo every lead you get you will receive $10.00. Then the story changed to, every lead that books their painting services. How would I, the humble front line marketer know which leades actually book their services? Well, I'm sure they'd tell me right? I mean, what would an organization that doesn't even pay minimum wage have to gain by having young stupid people work for free? Oh right, zero overhead. Even if they actually paid $10.00 per lead, their costs are fixed, yours however, you know, gas or bussing, having to eat on occasion, well, that's your problem.

I would contemplate small claims court, however I have no evidence I even worked for the company other than some text messages. I was never contacted by an HR department, as far as I know the company owes me aproximately $70.00 for my work but again, the individual could just say "oh those leads, yeah they didn't pan out" and pay me nothing.

Is there management? I didn't see any..

There are newer employer reviews for Scholars At Your Service