Scholars At Your Service

www.scholarsatyourservice.com

Working for free isn't work.

Former Employee - Marketer  in  Ottawa, ON (Canada)
Former Employee - Marketer in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Pros

Fresh air
Exercise
The ability to spot a pyramid scheme the next time around

Cons

It's a joke, I don't even know if it's a real company. I was asked initally to do marketing. I never filled out any paperwork, they never even asked for a sin number. I have not received any remuneration for the marketing work I did, which was essentially just going door to door.

The way it works as it was described to me over the phone. Essentially you go door to door and fo every lead you get you will receive $10.00. Then the story changed to, every lead that books their painting services. How would I, the humble front line marketer know which leades actually book their services? Well, I'm sure they'd tell me right? I mean, what would an organization that doesn't even pay minimum wage have to gain by having young stupid people work for free? Oh right, zero overhead. Even if they actually paid $10.00 per lead, their costs are fixed, yours however, you know, gas or bussing, having to eat on occasion, well, that's your problem.

I would contemplate small claims court, however I have no evidence I even worked for the company other than some text messages. I was never contacted by an HR department, as far as I know the company owes me aproximately $70.00 for my work but again, the individual could just say "oh those leads, yeah they didn't pan out" and pay me nothing.

Is there management? I didn't see any..

Other reviews for Scholars At Your Service

Commission Based Work for Children

Former Employee - Marketer  in  Markham, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Marketer in Markham, ON (Canada)

Pros

Some pros of working here are that there are very short hours that you have to put in to work.

Cons

It is fully commission based work, and they lie to you when they say you get money for every lead you get. You only get paid $11 if the lead follows through and they get a paint job out of it, otherwise you get no money. It is almost impossible to get enough follow through leads to get paid minimum wage.

Pay commission based on how many leads the worker gets so they can at least make minimum wage.

Tough program that pushes you to your limits, while allowing a ton of learning opportunities

Former Employee - Franchise Manager
    Former Employee - Franchise Manager

Pros

It is a great chance to get a feel of what it's like to run your own small business; learn a lot about sales; managing production; paint tech; seeking, interviewing, hiring, training and managing employees; meet a lot of nice and not so nice clients; make good money; improve confidence

Cons

training for managing a job site is poor; most focus is on sales training so that you sell as much jobs as possible; producing work is overlooked; hiring good people is tough and the company does not provide good training in this area

Rely only on yourself, nothing will happen if you don't work hard to get it; use the support network, peers, GMs, suppliers, your family, as much as you can; DO NOT GIVE UP, there is always another day!

There are newer employer reviews for Scholars At Your Service.

Worked for Scholars At Your Service? Contribute to the Community!