Scholars At Your Service

www.scholarsatyourservice.com

Working for free isn't work.

Marketer (Former Employee) Ottawa, ON (Canada)

ProsFresh air
Exercise
The ability to spot a pyramid scheme the next time around

ConsIt's a joke, I don't even know if it's a real company. I was asked initally to do marketing. I never filled out any paperwork, they never even asked for a sin number. I have not received any remuneration for the marketing work I did, which was essentially just going door to door.

The way it works as it was described to me over the phone. Essentially you go door to door and fo every lead you get you will receive $10.00. Then the story changed to, every lead that books their painting services. How would I, the humble front line marketer know which leades actually book their services? Well, I'm sure they'd tell me right? I mean, what would an organization that doesn't even pay minimum wage have to gain by having young stupid people work for free? Oh right, zero overhead. Even if they actually paid $10.00 per lead, their costs are fixed, yours however, you know, gas or bussing, having to eat on occasion, well, that's your problem.

I would contemplate small claims court, however I have no evidence I even worked for the company other than some text messages. I was never contacted by an HR department, as far as I know the company owes me aproximately $70.00 for my work but again, the individual could just say "oh those leads, yeah they didn't pan out" and pay me nothing.

Advice to Senior ManagementIs there management? I didn't see any..

Commission Based Work for Children

Marketer (Former Employee) Markham, ON (Canada)

I worked at Scholars At Your Service part-time for less than a year

Pros: Some pros of working here are that there are very… Cons: It is fully commission based work, and they lie to you when they say you get money for every lead you get. You only get… Advice to Senior Management: Pay commission based on how many leads the worker gets… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Tough program that pushes you to your limits, while allowing a ton of learning opportunities

Franchise Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Scholars At Your Service full-time for less than a year

Pros: It is a great chance to get a feel of what it's like to run your own small business; learn a lot about sales; managing… Cons: training for managing a job site is poor; most focus is on sales training so that you sell as much jobs… Advice to Senior Management: Rely only on yourself, nothing will happen if you don't work hard to get it; use the support network,… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Scholars At Your Service.

Worked for Scholars At Your Service? Contribute to the Community!