Scholars At Your Service

www.scholarsatyourservice.com
Engaged Employer
There are newer employer reviews for Scholars At Your Service

Working for free isn't work.

Former Employee - Marketer in Ottawa, ON (Canada)
Former Employee - Marketer in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

I worked at Scholars At Your Service part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fresh air Exercise The ability to spot a pyramid scheme the next time around

Cons

It's a joke, I don't even know if it's a real company. I was asked initally to do marketing. I never filled out any paperwork, they never even asked for a sin number. I have not received any remuneration for the marketing work I did, which was essentially just going door to door. The way it works as it was described to me over the phone. Essentially you go door to door and fo every lead you get you will receive $10.00. Then the story changed to, every lead that books their painting services. How would I, the humble front line marketer know which leades actually book their services? Well, I'm sure they'd tell me right? I mean, what would an organization that doesn't even pay minimum wage have to gain by having young stupid people work for free? Oh right, zero overhead. Even if they actually paid $10.00 per lead, their costs are fixed, yours however, you know, gas or bussing, having to eat on occasion, well, that's your problem. I would contemplate small claims court, however I have no evidence I even worked for the company other than some text messages. I was never contacted by an HR department, as far as I know the company owes me aproximately $70.00 for my work but again, the individual could just say "oh those leads, yeah they didn't pan out" and pay me nothing.

Advice to Management

Is there management? I didn't see any..

Other Employee Reviews for Scholars At Your Service

1. Commission Based Work for Children

Former Employee - Marketer in Markham, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Marketer in Markham, ON (Canada)

I worked at Scholars At Your Service part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Some pros of working here are that there are very short hours that you have to put in to work.

Cons

It is fully commission based work, and they lie to you when they say you get money for every lead you get. You only get paid $11 if the lead follows through and they get a paint job out of it, otherwise you get no money. It is almost impossible to get enough follow through leads to get paid minimum wage.

Advice to Management

Pay commission based on how many leads the worker gets so they can at least make minimum wage.

2. If you think you have what it takes then go for it

Former Employee - Franchise Manager
    Former Employee - Franchise Manager

I worked at Scholars At Your Service full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great learning experience if you're looking to push yourself. Improves your sales ability, and you get good experience managing client relationships as well as managing and motivating your own employees. Overall, it's an experience you'll be proud that you did. Good lump at the end of the year if you've run a decent sized business.

Cons

The marketing gets tough. You need strong willpower and perseverance to get through the pre season, and you have to pay marketers out of your pocket. Be sure to track this expense closely and adjust your pricing. Coaching is good but as they grow it gets less personal. Production training isn't good enough, a lot of managers get overwhelmed and have painters quit. AND THE ROYALTIES ARE TOO MUCH. Not warranted with the level of coaching provided.

Advice to Management

Better training. Assist every manager in their first marketing session. Develop a better system for leads and marketing payment for managers to follow so that less of them end up losing money. Need modules and spreadsheets on profitability tracking for managers to follow. Lower royalties