Scholastic

www.scholastic.com

Good experience overall

Marketing Analyst (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsPeople are great to work with and are very passionate about what they do which makes for a positive working environment. Many employees stay at the company for years and there is alot of internal rotation. Scholastic's dedication to social issues (like increasing literacy) is nice as you feel like you're working for a company that cares about more than their bottom line. The location in SOHO is amazing.

ConsThe different divisions can be very siloed as groups are very concerned about their own P and L's and there can be competition among groups for sales from the company's main customers - teachers. The company is going through a time of rapid transition as they move from traditional publishing to more digital products. There have been hiring freezes as revenue in the US has gone down from 2012-13 and they invest more in product development.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf international growth is an area of importance, do more to increase employees willingness to share ideas and collaborate on product development that is outside their division, but helpful to the company as a whole.

Frequent mid level management changes

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Scholastic full-time

Pros: If you are lucky to get the right position you could be… Cons: Frequent mid level management changes translates in big changes in… Advice to Senior Management: Long term strategy to promote new technology (ebooks) No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Contract Art Director for E books

Art Director (Former Employee) New York, NY

I worked at Scholastic as a contractor for less than a year

Pros: Good work life balance for employees Cons: Antiquated management systems are painful Advice to Senior Management: Streamline your internal communications Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Scholastic.

Worked for Scholastic? Contribute to the Community!