School Improvement Network

www.schoolimprovement.com
  www.schoolimprovement.com
There are newer employer reviews for School Improvement Network

Great company, fun environment and incredible people!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Murray, UT
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Murray, UT

I have been working at School Improvement Network full-time (less than an year)

Pros

If you are looking for an environment that is fun, challenging, and exciting - SINET is for you! The people who work here are passionate and care about the cause. The leadership team is caring and truly strives towards employee success. The CEO and VP's are approachable - honest and good people!!!

Cons

Growing though some growing pains. But growth is worth it. Moving away from a small family business towards an international business.

Keep communicating the vision and hold onto the culture that made SINET what it is today.

29 Other Employee Reviews for School Improvement Network (View Most Recent)

This company is just a stepping stone for your career!

Former Employee - IT/Development in Midvale, UT
    Former Employee - IT/Development in Midvale, UT

I worked at School Improvement Network full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Family friendly, Hard working staff. they really try to make it a good place to work but fall short in a lot of areas.

Cons

This company is far off the competitive salary model. Managers are focused more on the money going into their pockets than the employees needs and they will do what ever it takes to make sales, this includes lying to their clients about the products they have to offer. Government grants go right into the pockets of the Lintons (once a month trips to Hawaii, Cancun and the Bahamas). Getting a paycheck on time..... good luck. I have never worked for a company that has such a messed up HR/Payroll department. What really blows my mind is School Improvement Network (SIN) works to help teachers and students improve the future, but do they offer any kind of Tuition help to their employees......NOT A CHANCE!!!! if you are familiar with the carrot on a string theory you then know how management for this company works. Are okay with making very little money and dishonesty??? then this is the perfect job for you. Leaving this company was the best thing I ever did!

For clients reading this and trying to decided if they should buy into SIN's lies.... just buy How to teach for dummies books for all of your teachers. There is more useful information in the preface then you would find in any of SIN's products.

Focus on the needs of the employees and you will get better production from every department. Sort out HR...... Three years of never knowing when my paycheck will be in the bank is ridiculous!

Great Company, Terrible Sales Leadership

Current Employee - OUTSIDE SALES
    Current Employee - OUTSIDE SALES

I have been working at School Improvement Network full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I love the people, the culture, the software, the content, the growth and opportunities of SINET. Its easy to believe in the mission and see the value of what you are selling.

Cons

Unfortunately though this company has the most unorganized and unprofessional sales organization I have ever been in. The hiring process was a joke and even after it took them a month to give me something to sign, it was still wrong and has now all changed anyways. Meetings (if they even happen) and processes are ineffective and the low quality sales data is a mess and the sales managers either don't understand or can't manage sales goals, forecast sales, activity, renewals, or commissions. And no one quite knows which of the two guys are actually in charge because of the constant confusion about products, misinformation about company directives, and contradicting decisions coming from their offices. Despite how well these guys sell themselves and their successes, behind closed doors they manage us by their impulsive emotions and they motivate with fear and intimidation. I've seen them corner employees, on some occasions yelling obscenities in their faces and on others tearing-up and telling them to live more righteously, so that they will sell more. Not only have multiple girls expressed how uncomfortable they feel around the managers, but even I am shocked at some of the pictures on their phones and how inappropriate some of their comments and discussions are. One meeting I was in started off with one of these guys boasting about the things he had done with his wife the night before. This place feels more like a family of teenage sales mafia then it does a sales team. If you aren't in the club or aren't bringing in big deals you better fly under the radar (people don't show to meetings and add extra calls/emails/solid meetings/opportunities) or they will come down on you hard. No one doubts how dedicated they are to the company, but they aren't good managers and a culture of narcissism and intimidation and hypocrisy has resulted. This isn't just hurting the growth of the company, its also causing problems which will only stay covered up until someone or the company gets sued. Being childhood friends of the CEO has given some people a free pass at the expense of the company and its employees; and being buddy-buddy with these managers is the only way to be successful or even survive. I know that nepotism is not unique to SINET. I know that this is a family business and in some cases it has actually worked out well. But when it comes to hiring and promotions or to favored assignments the family and friends always come before qualifications or experience or veteran employees. In some cases positions haven't been posted at all which leave ambitious employees without an opportunity to even apply.

A couple weeks ago one of these guys told us to write "glowing reviews of this company on this site (look at the dates of the positive reviews) in order to counteract some of the recent negative reviews. I ignored the request initially, but it has been weighing on me ever since. I am trying to survive, but I feel like an outsider by not buying into the established system. I believe the company has potential far beyond its current performance, which is a result of the failings of one very critical department. So this is my feeble attempt to be honest about the situation. The saddest part is that I really don't feel my job is safe expressing these concerns without this anonymity. And as of December 1st I am still employed, so don't get me confused with someone else.

Friendships and family are extremely important, but please do what is best for the company. If you rip the bandaid off you will find a hidden but festering infection in the company. Please don't try to cut it out one piece at a time. It will only get worse. Remove the whole infection at once.

And by the way there are a lot of people who are already looking for new jobs and are ready to jump ship because we are being forced to leave our homes and families in order to keep our jobs. This wasn't part of the agreement I signed and I think giving this ultimatum speaks volumes about what value a sales rep as a person has in your eyes.

There are newer employer reviews for School Improvement Network